New'ish residency...
    Tech Guru

Default New'ish residency...

Yeah, so to set the scene for the last year ive had a friday night residency in a style bar type venue in my home town. On my first night there was ten people, within about 2months i had helped build it up rightly.

Due to start at 9pm, today i got a phonecall just before 6pm from the manager saying 'hi chris...yeah ive got a bit of a problem...i dont need you tonight...'. They're doing this 'Take Me Out' style gimmicky thing, that i knew about and up until last saturday night was told i was going to be involved in, playing sfx etc... then doing my usual thing before and after it. But now it would appear im not...unprofessional late notice? i'll let you be the judge.

So basically for the next 6 or so fridays i wont be DJing....

On the positive side, ive been given 2 thursdays a month in the recently opened club upstairs which looks like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d-EX_Nl0vE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVif74kWtSA

Bit of a consolation prize i know, but doesnt really make up for the lack of professionalism
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Unfortunate how he went about it, but look how much it paid off to get to that club.
    Looks like it paid off!
    Beatslicing for the bitches

Yeah man, the late notice sucks. But it could be a blessing in disguise, and at least you get your weekends back.
    Ecler NUO 3.0, 2 1210mk2, midi fighter, Kontrol X1, Akai LPD8, Reloop RHP10's, TSP, Audio 8

Howitzer on Soundcloud | Howitzer on Twitter | Howitzer on Facebook | Howitzer dnb blog

Tech Guru

its the late notice that more than sucks balls....thats income from this week that im missing out on, if i had of known even 3 days prior i could of worked it into my budget...at least its less taxes to pay....
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,