Recording Mixes w/ Traktor?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Recording Mixes w/ Traktor?

i searched the forum and some articles and couldnt really find much info on how to record a mix using Traktor.

Any help would be appreciated!

FYI I am using Tracktor 3 LE (MAC osx) with an Echo Indigo soundcard

just thinking about it, would i route the master line out into say, an M-Box, then use something like Logic/ProTools to record? any suggestions on other software to record the mix with?

THANKS!

-mike
    [mike.frank]

Tech Guru

im not sure about the le version, but in traktor 3, there is the native recorder, which is in the panels section, which can record your mixes, and it just records them in wav and puts them in a folder.

wish i could be more help but im really not sure how much le differs from the full version.

easy...

I Have Both Traktor Pro And Le And When I Use Le I Hook Up My Konrol One Outs To My Lexicon Omega 1 And 2 Ins And Record Useing Garage Band

LE wont let you record I dont think, thats one of the blocked features isnt it ?

Tech Wizard

hiya

As you're using a mac I recommend you get hold of a copy of Audio Hijack Pro by Rogue Amoeba software. Really easy to use and fairly priced.

You can also use Audacity, works good and its free...
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

ya traktor le wont let you record youll have to upgrade to pro...unless you have another computer to record on

Tech Wizard

so how would i record a mix using soundforge? at work now, or i would just d/l the software (free = good) and play around with it

i assume i can set up the software to record the master out (from my soundcard) at the same time i am sending the signal to my speakers via 1/8 " RCA... ??? hopefully this is the case
    [mike.frank]

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by DJFAR View Post
    I Have Both Traktor Pro And Le And When I Use Le I Hook Up My Konrol One Outs To My Lexicon Omega 1 And 2 Ins And Record Useing Garage Band
    OK, so this would be similar to my first comment, yeah? i.e. routing the master output from my sound card to the inputs of my M-Box via RCA? i assume garage band would recognize the M-Box as an external device
    [mike.frank]

Tech Wizard

anyone got any more insight here? i didnt have time this morning to mess around with audacity
    [mike.frank]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast