Spotify available in the US now - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    It's still in a public beta of sorts in the states so you have to have an invite.
    Ok, I never realised that.

In Sweden it's practically 100% prescribed, the UK was a bit slow on the uptake but it's speeding up fast, it's really catching on.

One year ago these guys had a tiny little office in london with a hand full of staff, they now have a huge funky office space and a huge amount of staff. They've recently taken on one of the top directors from microsoft so they obviously have huge plans.
    Vestax VCI 100 se Arcade | Traktor Scratch Pro | Ableton Live 8 | N I Audio Kontrol 1 | MacBook Pro 15" | & some other bits & bobs
    My VCI 100 Se DIY Arcade Mod - With upgrade walk through photos
    My Blog
    My Site

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lysgaard View Post
    I've had the premium for over a year, Don't regret a second. Only use iTunes for podcasts and to put my recent beatport purchases on my iPod.
    Since people can subscribe to your playlists, you can use this almost as a mixtape, to let your fans subscribe to your current "crate". Get a link for a playlist, and post it on FB or whatever. Brilliant.
    As en example, here is my "sexy time" playlist: http://open.spotify.com/user/meneldo...2t6kivJ25gKkD3
    Quote Originally Posted by IPM View Post
    Nice play list.
    Yes it is. On top of doing the dirty it's good for helping me to wake my lazy ass up this morning.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

spotify makes me so happy
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock
    DJ: Kontrol X1 | TP2

hi- i've got spotify premium. it allows you to sync tracks offline, so you dont need an internet connection to listen to the sync tracks.
    my question is: if im out dj'ing, how can i use these spotify offline tracks to play, such as with serato?? is anyone doing this and can maybe give some advice??

Tech Guru

I'm fairly certain the answer is no. I believe the tracks are locked down with some sort of drm.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

There's no way to get the tracks from inside spotify into whatever software you're using to DJ with.
    Chris Jennings FHP

thats a shame, if someone could figure out a way to do that, it would be incredible.
    if anyone has a 'workaround' of some kind, i'd love to know that.
    how about just having the laptop with spotify on it as a separate input source, so you can use your serato tunes on one computer, but then somehow mix with the spotify computer tracks? this should be possible, no?

That's the same as pirating songs and this is not a pirating friendly forum.
    Chris Jennings FHP

i wish i could use it! still nothing on when it will work in germany. greetings with a big FU to the gema (Society for musical performance and mechanical copy rights)!
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

i didnt realize that if you paid for spotify, that would be piracy if you were to play the songs for others to hear.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast