Mixer to Ableton

Default Mixer to Ableton

Hey guys. I am thinking of buying a Xone 22. I know it isn`t midi but how would i connect it to Ableton to control fading, filtering, and mids etc.

Thanks

buy a 2 channel output sound card (such as an audio 4)

assign outputs in ableton to card

plug into mixer and done.

thats all you can do with that mixer and ableton. there is however some fun stuff you can do in ableton to get some extra mileage out of that set up, like if you get a launchpad, you can arrange your ableton sets into 2 groups of 4 ableton channels, each group going to its own channel on the a&h. stem mixing is pretty fun

Quote Originally Posted by diezdiazgiant View Post
    buy a 2 channel output sound card (such as an audio 4)

assign outputs in ableton to card

plug into mixer and done.

thats all you can do with that mixer and ableton. there is however some fun stuff you can do in ableton to get some extra mileage out of that set up, like if you get a launchpad, you can arrange your ableton sets into 2 groups of 4 ableton channels, each group going to its own channel on the a&h. stem mixing is pretty fun
    yeah thanks man.

My setup now consists of the APC20, Xone 22, X1, MPD32, and the Maschine. Well my life setup that is.

nice, that sounds like a really nice setup for some stem mixing.
    shit if you threw maschine into ableton, split maschines outputs into 2 channels in ableton you would be able to make beats in the cue before bringing it into the mix.

Audio2DJ can do the same for 100 less
    Audio4 if you plan on timecode with traktor
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--