Am I the only one that is having a ton of trouble with beatgrids in Tpro2?

Default Am I the only one that is having a ton of trouble with beatgrids in Tpro2?

So yeah, I got an S4 and a new Midifighter to go with my x1 and I upgraded to tpro 2, the thing is that I am having a seriously hard time to get my grids right ...it imported all of my settings and whatnot, and then decided to analyze every track when I first put it in...understandable, but when it decides that everything is at the wrong tempo (they werent) and that wherever my first grid point is in the track needs to start from the next beat (ie when I push play or try to drop a cue or loop it does it from the next beat point) so now what should I do, is it possible to roll back to tpro 1 and use my s4 there? anyone else having this same trouble...btw this is all with drum and bass, it seems to "like" the housier stuff that i put in it
    My Soundcloud: Bigheadmike

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash101uk View Post
    Mixing is a lot like farting. If you have to force it, its probably shit!

the beatgrids in T2 is AWESOME. it used to take me a few minutes to grid my tracks but now its <30 seconds depending on tracks

And yes i also have gridded a lot of Dnb tracks without problem

all the tracks I gridded in T1 all transferred to T2 seamlessly, except that I have to re-analyze all the tracks, make sure to have ALL your tracks LOCKED before doing this, if you did click the LOCK button all the grids will be kept as they were
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

So I seriously am going to have to go and regrid the majority of my songs (over 1000, not that that's a whole bunch...) really my time is valuable and this is at the very quickest going to take me hours, which I don't really have...also how do I fix the jump to the second beat problem...this really is a terrible headache and tpro 1 worked flawlessly...I don't illegally download anything, but this makes me see why people say they do it to see if it all works before they bought it. surely someone has dealt with the beat jump problem. please someone help me out today. or is it possible to use the s4 in tpro 1 while using the sound card in it...

The whole DJ scene has been built on the backbones of people losing their warranty.

Uh. are you trying to mix hip hop or EDM? Have you tried to set your beat grids manually? Its super simple.
    Ableton Live 9, Traktor, VCI-400, APC40, QuNeo, Lemur iOS

I realize it's super simple, but why would it on certain songs always force any action to the 2nd beat. I had absolutely no problems with tpro1...I am mixing edm (drum and bass)

Tech Mentor

It should be easy. Make sure your bpm is around 170 ish then set your grid to start on the first beat and afterwards check a couple of snares to see if they line up. All of this in less than 30 secs
    Audio 2 Dj VCI 100 Ion Discover Dj Ihome headphones Traktor Pro Compaq desktop/ gateway laptop Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/EDM-El...06094132799412
    http://www.facebook.com/djdynasty17
    Email: edmfreaks@yahoo.com

Nonononono...I know how to grid a track, I did a ton of them on tpro 1. Not to sound like an asshole but if it took me 30 seconds it must have been a tricky track, or an oldschool tune with drift (Block Control I'm looking at you) I can go re grid everything if I have to but I'd really rather not have to, but why is it jumping to the 2nd beat constantly. BTW My grids are generally pretty tight, so why is it doing this? Could it be some setting in the preferences? I wouldn't think so, again is it possible for me to roll back to tpro1 and still be able to use my s4?

why not go back into tpro1, lock all your tracks that are gridded right, and re import em to see if they stay,

idk what your talking about with the second beat other than snap and quantize might be on and your timing might be off, so its jumping to the next beat when you hit play....
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

Tech Mentor

Hmmm, that's strange, If you analysed them and saved the tag in TP1 it should transfer over to tp2 unless you change the location of your files. Try reimporting...
    Audio 2 Dj VCI 100 Ion Discover Dj Ihome headphones Traktor Pro Compaq desktop/ gateway laptop Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/EDM-El...06094132799412
    http://www.facebook.com/djdynasty17
    Email: edmfreaks@yahoo.com