Maschine - Help

Thread: Maschine - Help

Tech Mentor

Default Maschine - Help

Hey all,
    So i've had maschine for a little bit now and it is a beast in its own. I produce dubstep on ableton live. Im having trouble integrating maschine into my current production methods, and its seeming a little bit like a waste. The way i use it now is just to sample sounds into ableton from maschine and layer them and so on to create huge, fat, drum kicks + snares for my tunes. (As i am writing this i am realizing i can then sample those completed sounds back into maschine to create patterns instead of making them in ableton). But I want to integrate it more, as I know it can be more effective. Any suggestions would be helpful.
    Overall i just feel a little bit stuck and im sure this is because i do not know maschine as well as i could. (Of course going to keep working with it to progress, but just in the meantime some suggestions on how to incorporate it)
    thanks,
    Jed

Check out the Maschine pages on the NI website - there have been a couple of 'using Maschine with Ableton' videos posted in the last few days.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Mentor

anyone else? haha -_____-.

thanks again for all your help.
    J

Tech Guru

+1 for this help...I use it mostly with traktor but thinking of getting rid of it since my samples are easier to navigate through ableton and IMO better quality. SO i need a way to integrate it. Will check out the videos

Quote Originally Posted by Rukks View Post
    +1 for this help...I use it mostly with traktor but thinking of getting rid of it since my samples are easier to navigate through ableton and IMO better quality. SO i need a way to integrate it. Will check out the videos
    I'm kind of with you on this. I'd like someone to show me how I'm using my Machine improperly. Well, not using it much at all now as I'm cutting my teeth on Ableton (slowly). Since I'm not using it live, it's more intuitive for me to use Ableton. I find pounding on the pads at 125Bpm also a challenge.

Tech Mentor

my maschine is almost brand new, and i'm trying to build a track from 0 to 100 without using any external DAW... do you thing that's doable? or i should just import what i need into ableton?