Pitch changes while "fixing" a song
    Tech Convert

Default Pitch changes while "fixing" a song

Hello,

I own a Vestax Typhoon.
    I had Pioneer CDJ-100 and when I wanted to "fix" a song (with Master tempo on), I spinned the jog wheel backwards or forward a little and it made the song go faster or slower for a second and then it got back to the original tempo.
    Now, when I do it with the Vestax typhoon (and Virtual DJ 7 LE), The pitch is changed for a second and then go back to the original pitch.
    I locked the Lock icon in the Master Tempo near the tempo slider and it's great when It retain the Tempo when i move the slider but when I "fix" the song, the pitch is changing.
    Does this suppose to be this way or there is a solution for that?

Thank you.

Tech Guru

try turning on "Key Lock"
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

Tech Convert

I did turn on the "Key Lock".
    It's good when I move the Tempo slider up and down but it's not working when i use the Vestax Typhoon Jog Wheel

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Was this the same software or was there a CD in the CDJ when you did it? Hardware will almost always sound different from software.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

I did not use any software with the CDJ-100, I used it nativley.
    When you spin the CDJ-100 jog wheel, without choosing: JET, ZIP or WAH (The effects), you get the song slower or faster for a second and doesn't change the Pitch (if you press on the Master Tempo Button) and then it goes back to the original Tempo (this is meant for "fixing" delays).
    On Virtual DJ, when I do it (spin the jog wheel) it does make the song slower or faster and then goes back to the original Tempo, but it changes the Pitch for a second too (I turn on the "Key Lock" icon).

I wanted to know if I can do it with Virtual DJ too? (I don't think that because it's Vestax Typhoon because I think it's suppose to happen to all the controllers).