Any graphics design students/graphic designers wanna do me a solid?

Default Any graphics design students/graphic designers wanna do me a solid?

Hey guys,

I'm looking for someone who can help me with a dj logo which I will be putting onto a midi controller skin and using for my mix album art etc. I was hoping some kind soul out there would help me make it real. I already have a simple mock-up with what I want and it shouldn't really take more than two hours of your time (unless you want to be a perfectionist in which case, be my guest )

If someone could help me with some tips on how you did yours or point me in the right direction (I have 0 photoshop skills and made my mock-up on MS Paint. Lol) or even help me by turning my idea into an actual logo, I'd be really really stoked/happy/overjoyed/insertrandomwordhere.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. I've attached the mock up. As you can see it's really ghetto looking. I had to split the words up into 5-ish screenshots and put them together in paint since Idk how that's done in photoshop (and yes, I've tried but I just suck!)
    Pioneer CDJ-350 (x2)
    Pioneer DJM-350
    KRK Rokit5 G2

this would be easy to do especially in vector format.
    perhaps you could provide more details on the final size requirement, dpi and file type. does it need to have transparency, i.e. the white in your mock up should not print onto the skin?

Tech Mentor

it may help people if you told us what font you used. also good concept, but it took me a while to get it. if i didn't already know your name i would have never guessed what the logo said.

Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    this would be easy to do especially in vector format.
    perhaps you could provide more details on the final size requirement, dpi and file type. does it need to have transparency, i.e. the white in your mock up should not print onto the skin?
    I'm still kind of waiting for a reply from the customer service actually so I'll know that info soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Invoke View Post
    it may help people if you told us what font you used. also good concept, but it took me a while to get it. if i didn't already know your name i would have never guessed what the logo said.
    I don't remember the font name but I downloaded it off one of the free font sites and I can probably send the file via email to whoever decides they want to help me. I'm thinking the spacing is key so I'll have to check with whoever I'm collaborating with about that since I'm sure they'd have some suggestions.
    Pioneer CDJ-350 (x2)
    Pioneer DJM-350
    KRK Rokit5 G2

Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    If people are asking you this to design a logo for you, run... as fast as you can. Stay away from them for design. If it's done as a vector, size and resolution don't matter. The size can be changed as many times as needed, and reduced/enlarged to any size needed. Also, even if it's not done as vector (logos always should be), they should be saving the file so the logo can be saved out with transparency.

Quote Originally Posted by sobi View Post
    If people are asking you this to design a logo for you, run... as fast as you can. Stay away from them for design. If it's done as a vector, size and resolution don't matter. The size can be changed as many times as needed, and reduced/enlarged to any size needed. Also, even if it's not done as vector (logos always should be), they should be saving the file so the logo can be saved out with transparency.
    ?
    I'm not designing a logo but merely tracing out the basic shapes in Illustrator of what he already made. Of course vector is resolution independent but that doesn't necessarily mean he wants it sent to him with dimensions the size of a friggin billboard. At least a ball park figure since I would assume he has no way of scaling it directly in MS Paint. sheesh.

ctrld

this. same rules apply to any kind of design work, not just web

LoLz!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --