Echo Out?

Thread: Echo Out?

Default Echo Out?

Hi There All,

A total n00b question here: I'm experimenting with transitions from one deck to another and want to fade in the second song (which I know how to do) but as the second song comes in have the first song echo out (adding a wrinkle instead of simply fading the two songs out).

BTW - I'm using Traktor Pro. What I want is the song to actually stop while echoing the last beat or two and fade out. I've tried multiple combinations with Beatmasher and Delay, but it always seems to be this echoing mess and the song doesn't stop so there's just this echoing on top of the track and I can't seem to clean it up.

Any ideas would help tremendously.

Thanks,
    ACE

Tech Wizard

hiya and welcome :-)

you could try this -

set your effects FX1 to chained

using a combination of gater and reverb -

set the speed of the gate to roughly match the tempo of the record and have the reverb set to full

hit the effects on channel 1 on with the last beat

you should now have a nice effect going on which you can then fade out as you bring in the next tune

I like to keep a bit of the dry signal as well (I prefer to go about 2/3 of the way on the D/W rotary) but it's all down to personal preference.

hope that helps! I'm v new to this myself so any cool ideas with effects you come across would be more than welcome :-)

Thanks... this is helpful. Although this would only work at the last beat of the song - but how about if I wanted to stop mid-song but still have that echo? Any ideas?

Try it with Delay and freeze it.

Set fx 1 or 2 to advanced mode (instead of chained mode) and select Delay to the effect.

Set the knobs to something that work well. I tested it out a bit and here's what I came up with. See the attachment if it's something that could work for you.

Then hit the on button + frz (freeze) button at the same time (edit: actually hit the on button first and the freeze right after) to capture couple of beats which kinda fade out.
    Last edited by Aanrii; 02-16-2009 at 08:24 AM.

Tech Wizard

just tried that and it works brilliantly :-) cheers!

Np. Happy to help.