Out's and In's - TRAKTOR 3
    Tech Convert

Default Out's and In's - TRAKTOR 3

Been playing with the out cue markers and in cue markers...

Ok, they have some really cool functionality (automatically starting your mixes!), but i can't figure out the order! i have an OUT marker that hits on track C, and track B starts at it's previous IN, even though there's an IN waiting on track D...

WTF?! has anyone figured out the order? the manual has squat
    Last edited by DanF; 05-26-2008 at 03:32 PM. Reason: accuracy

I would assume it has something to do with setting the master/slave states of the decks? I don't use more than two decks at the moment, so my knowledge is pretty limited on advanced deck interaction.
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Tech Mentor

set up hot keys to for the cue functions of c and d and do it manually...
    automatically starting mixes is like writting a setlist 2 weeks before the gig and actually going by it.

I use them as a visual reference of where I usually get out or into the mix but never let traktor do it for me. Thats not saying you could not, but to answer your question:
    I have no idea with 4 decks- something tells me not even Ni knows.

Tech Mentor

i just set regular cues and label them. for the most part i can just look at the tracks and know what i need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by eangolde View Post
    I have no idea with 4 decks- something tells me not even Ni knows.
    Im...possible.... my faith is shattered

It's funny how they'd overlook something as functional as that .
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Tech Convert

Gonna test it with Master/Slave controls active... for now, I have a bigger fish to fry that's REALLY pissing me off (pardon the french, but i'm dumbfounded. check the general discussion for this next one I'm posting)

Also, it looks like what Ean is talking about is disabling the "use fade in/out markers" in preferences... If i can't get it to work, it's what I'm gonna do

(originally, that's just what i was going to do, but when i found out i could lead in and possibly mix 3 tracks together at once, i was very excited... I can have one track start automatically in deck C, while hit the play button myself on deck B... saves a big hassle... only problem is, it's trned INTO a big hassle )
    Last edited by DanF; 05-29-2008 at 04:49 PM.