To buy or not to buy
    Tech Wizard

Default To buy or not to buy

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster here. Just polling the community as to what they think I should do, heres the situation.

I currently own a Numark Total Control (which I love to death) and a DJ IO soundcard (I'm more of a bedroom DJ right now). I'm using Traktor Pro 1.2.4.

I've been searching craigslist for some time trying to pickup a good deal on technics but have been having second thoughts. After looking into the twitch and realizing that its 500 not 400, I've kinda lost interest in the controller. I mix mainly house and electro music but the few gigs i've done I've gotten a lot of requests for hip hop/top 40.

Looking at the craigslist ad right in front of me, the guy is selling a pair of Numark V7's and a Behringer DDM4000 for $650 firm. What would I need to do to have this work with my Traktor (besides midi mapping or using the itch timecode tweak). Does this seem like a good deal to suit my needs? I would love to pick up scratching to appeal to people from genres outside my usual. Ideally I should be able to set this up so one V7 controls decks A and C while the other controls B and D right? I'm just a noob looking for guidance. Thanks guys!

You should always buy it.

Tech Convert

the ddm4000 is a great mixer.
    get traktor scratch and you should be all set.

you can midi map the ddm or just use its built in effects and go that route.
    and because its a 4 channel mixer you will have 4 deck control without an issue.

Tech Wizard

I've decided against this. After furthering my research, the platters on the V7's don't work properly with Traktor and despite midi mapping the device, some things just simply don't work. Back to looking for cheap craigslist deals on Technics

Tech Mentor

you could use the control CD's

you do realize that the twitch is 400 street price, right?

Tech Wizard

Thats what I thought too gary. Turns out by the conversion issues it's actually 500. Google it

yeah i heard people saying that the twitch was 400 too but i checked everywhere and all i have seen is 500$
    Production: HP G62 2.6 dual core, 8gb ram | Live 8 | APC40 | MPD32 | MPK Mini | NI A2 | KRK Rokit 6 G2s | 6pack of Rolling Rock
    DJ: Kontrol X1 | TP2