A few questions concerning a new Setup !

Default A few questions concerning a new Setup !

Hey, I've been doing the whole "Bedroom" thing for about a year now, but now i've been receiving more and more requests to play at parties, small events and even some Club gigs were offered.
    So far i've been working with a bcd 3k, But now i wanna move on towards a bit more professional Gear.
    My first thought was to get a vcm100 together with a novation nocturne and tpro (is it possible to Use 2 controllers with Tpro anyway?)
    But then i thought, why not get a second opinion?
    I got around 500 euros to spend, which is around 750 to 800 $, and now im asking you: what would you buy for that money.
    Im spinnin electro and min/tech.

Thanks for your help and advice, excuse my english, im German
    So long

Your choice seems like a good one. I have not tryed Traktor Pro with 2 controllers but I assume you can use 2 with no problem. I personally prefer the VCI-100 rather than the VCM-100. But if you like the VCM series you should look into the VCM-400 which is traktor pro oriented(I don´t know if its out yet).
    With any of those controllers you should be alright but will be missing knobs for effects so the Nocturne is ideal for that.

Hey, thanks for your reply.
    I thought about waiting for the vcm400 too, but they dont give a date or am price and im afraid it will above 500$ , and i dont really need the 4 decks control ( plus i really digg those rotarY linefaders )

Tech Wizard

Hey there,

If it was me id go for the vci100 because of the whole versatility of the unit, plus the ideas and support you can get from this forum. As most people use the vci, be it a mod or standard unit.
    The only thing that you may miss with a vcm 100 is the freedom with effects as the vci 100 has more mapping capability. (as alien2k also mentioned).

If you can try and demo both units to see which one feels right for you, that would be the best plan. If not look at Ean's YOUTUBE posts ect.

Hope this helps

yehaa another german in the house...ich denke du solltest mal noch ne runde auf den vcm400 warten...ich kann mir gut vorstellen, dass das teil die 500 euro grenze nicht überschreiten wird...und die sache is mit der 4-deck geschichte kannst du wahrscheinlich mappingtechnisch sehr fein die effekte nutzen (und ich sach mal so: das ding hat verdammt viele knöpfe, regler usw. da lässt auf jeden fall was dreckiges mit anstellen )

sorry guys don´t have the chance that often to talk to somebody in german here in djtt
    just told him to wait for the vcm 400. i don´t think it will be more than 500€ and there is a lot of knobs buttons and faders to do some nice mapping without using the 4 deck overlay...
    Last edited by Ed Paris; 02-16-2009 at 04:41 PM.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Default Vestax VCM-400

One more german... ;-)

Hi Leute, mir gehtz ziemlich ähnlich, bin seit über nem Jahr mit dem Numark Total Control recht zufrieden, aber der Vestax VCM-400 sieht perfekt für meine TraktorPro-Bedürfnisse aus. Verfolge daher die (spärlichen) Entwicklungen im Netz zu diesem Controller und hab vor ein paar Tagen nun weniger Gutes gelesen:
    [Updated Feb 10th - We've just spoken with the Australian distributor for Vestax, and the word is it won't be due until later this year. We'll keep you posted.]

Quelle: http://blog.spankrecords.com.au/span...ming-soon.html

Keine Ahnung, ob das nur für Australien gilt, aber es werden wohl noch ein paar Monate ins Land gehn, bis der VCM-400 in Deutschland erhältlich sein wird. Mit einem Preis zwischen 300-500 Euro ist da aber wohl schon zu rechnen...

And for the non-german-spaekers (are threre any? ;-) ):

Seems that it will take some more month, until the VCI-400 will be available, see link above. I`m in a similar situation, working the Numark Total Control for over a year now and thinking about something less "plastic". So the VCM-400 pretty much perfectly fits my needs for a TraktorPro controller! Therefor I'm regularly searching the net for updates on it, and the link above is all I found recently. But maybe it's just relating to the australien market!?

greetz from Stuttgart,

morri

Hach ja. Endlich mal ein paar deutsche

Quote Originally Posted by Roborob View Post
    Hach ja. Endlich mal ein paar deutsche
    ja. aber das ist sehr gefährlich!!!

haha, thats the last german line i can remember from my german course at high school... yea i wasn't frequent visitor to the class
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII