Turntable FM and why you should care as a dj/producer - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

hotspot shield should work.

http://turntable.fm/electic_electron...b_house_breaks

Just made a room if anyone wants to join in and share some tunes
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

deffinately gonna get on this when i get some time this weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

yeah we gotta make an official DJTT room sometime, that would be awesome!
    2x Midi-Fighters, 1x Technics 1200MK2, Xone 2:02, Traktor Pro 2, Macbook Pro 13', Audio 2, circuit bent Gameboy, aaaaand some poopy Logitech speakerz.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Georgeo0 View Post
    yeah we gotta make an official DJTT room sometime, that would be awesome!
    http://turntable.fm/djtt
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

+1 for the room

+100 for making it!
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Guru

I'm looking for an invite if anyone wants to friend me on Facebook let me know through a pm. Thanks.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Everyone seems to like it so I'll be the negative nancy. I pretty much never listen to music unmixed (especially edm with 3 minutes of intro/outro... and loading silence between tracks) so there's already enough negativity fueled on that alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
    It's really very addictive
    IRC with more sensory stimulation, a tried and true formula that's kept MMOs trucking for years... not interested

It’s a perfect way to discover great music and expand your collection in no time
    I find a lot more quality tunes (before they're released, as well) just from radio shows/podcasts by the big artists. Wouldn't expect a wave of really new stuff from TTFM, and the fact that its less enjoyable to listen to makes the choice easy.

This is one of the better ways to instantly connect with people who like the same music as you do
    Probably true... obviously I haven't put in enough time to judge the depth of the user base.

It’s a great way to promote yourself as a dj
    Could be right if you can work the chat enough I guess?

Good testing stage for producers.
    This actually sounds like a nice idea. A room full of people playing their own tunes would be a good way to share and discuss stuff with realtime feedback.

It’s an awesome radio station when you prefer just to listen
    See above... would much rather listen to new mixes.

(mac vs pc)

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDevil View Post
    Everyone seems to like it so I'll be the negative nancy. I pretty much never listen to music unmixed (especially edm with 3 minutes of intro/outro... and loading silence between tracks) so there's already enough negativity fueled on that alone.
    If you're into mixes then you are better off at MixCloud and SoundCloud.
    As a dj however, I personally want to listen to full tracks because it allows me to check all the breaks/build ups and general flow of the track before I decide to buy it.

IRC with more sensory stimulation, a tried and true formula that's kept MMOs trucking for years... not interested
    Social listening has been around for years indeed. Turntable FM seems for me the first one to have nailed it just right, imo.

I find a lot more quality tunes (before they're released, as well) just from radio shows/podcasts by the big artists. Wouldn't expect a wave of really new stuff from TTFM, and the fact that its less enjoyable to listen to makes the choice easy.
    That really depends who you meet on Turntable FM and how important it is for you to go for the newest stuff only. Once you've connected to a few people with your taste these can be a superb inspiration source for new and unknown tracks. Especially when you value great tracks you didn't know about more then just the newest of the newest.

Could be right if you can work the chat enough I guess?
    It's the fan button combined with your music taste that does a lot of magic here. Especially because there's no mixing involved, people get almost solely judged by their ability to play the right track at the right moment. I know some people that have carved out quite a name for themselves is this way on TT FM.

Tech Convert

I checked out Turntable FM yesterday and oh boy I, was heaving a blast! This is so cool and as has been said here, very addictive

Discovered lots of amazing tracks in just an afternoon and met quite a few cool people who seemed to be hitting all the marks when it comes to my choice of music. We already started tracking each other in order to exchange more music.

The best time I had was in the smaller rooms. Atmosphere seemed more relaxed and music appeared more in line with the room descriptions. Not sure if this is generally the case?

Setting up a VPN was pretty seamlessly with Hot Spot Shield although the ads of that service are annoying.

Thks for these tips so far, Rolfski. Btw, checked out your deep disco Soundcloud group and it's pretty sick. All those tons of free downloadable cool disco tracks, damn!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast