just received the djm350 by mistake
    Tech Mentor

Default just received the djm350 by mistake

i thought what i ordered was the cdj350 and by mistake i ordered the djm350. i'm a beginner and wondering if you guys think its worth to keep the djm350 for simple mixing two tracks. on the djm350 i see it has a usb drive which i can record my dj sets right into it. i'm thinking of getting 2x cdj350 (this time rly buying it) or the 400 to combine it with the djm350 i received by mistake.

keep the djm350 or send it back? i like it tho looks cool this mixer would only be used for mixing two tracks, i wont be taking advantage of effects since i have no interest in them plus loud noises hurt my ears, im a minimal house guy

is there anyway to test out the djm350 without cdjs? to see if it works?
    Last edited by cutflow; 07-18-2011 at 04:50 PM.

If you have a soundcard with 2 stereo outs you can just run both of them and control deck A and B on traktor thru the mixer.

I'd keep the mixer and get a soundcard and go down a controller route.
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

Tech Guru

the 350 is cool because of the recording, that's probably the best feature it has. The effects are shit, and at some point even a little delay or reverb sounds cool. It also doesn't have balanced output. I think for clean mixing, a better alternative is a Xone 22 and it's cheaper, and has the Xone filter. Just a tad cramped. If you wanted some better effects get the DJM 400.

The recording is the only cool feature....I think.

are you playing just CD's? You can always plug your mixer out into your laptop in and record with audacity. The CDJ 350's look pretty neat though. Especially with the rekordbox feature (although its quite limited in the 350's).
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Leo View Post
    If you have a soundcard with 2 stereo outs you can just run both of them and control deck A and B on traktor thru the mixer.

I'd keep the mixer and get a soundcard and go down a controller route.
    yeah im going to keep it so i can record my sets. im going to order 2x cdj350's now. no i'm not into midi controller / digital.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Isn't there a combo deal on the 350 set up? You might check that you can't get a better price buying them all together.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x