Vci 100 MKII Mappable Faders?
    Tech Student

Default Vci 100 MKII Mappable Faders?

Hi im new to the whole world of midi mapping and have been trying for quite a while to create a fader / jog wheel effects mode for my VCI 100 mk2. I have been able to correctly map the jog wheel so when the modifer button is pressed it turns on effects one(chained mode) and changes the dry/wet amount for effects unit one. The problem i am having is i cannot seem to map either the tempo fader's, line fader's of cross fader. Im not sure if there's something I am doing wrong or if the fader's are even mappable. Any help on this would be appreciated!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Yes the fader's are midi mappable.

Are you using the vci's soundcard?
    Might be something to do with that - maybe the faders are hard wired when using the soundcard.
    SC | MC

Tech Student

I tried it using the vci's built in soundcard but still no luck. In the default mapping for the vci the volume fader sends out two midi signals(cc 43 and cc28) but when i try to map it to control the effect two amount, i only get one midi message. Any ideas on why this is?

Don't know why it send's 2 midi messsages.. is one when the fader reaches zero?

Not sure ... anyway I would try map the control you want to the fader using cc43 then duplicate it and set to cc28 - see if that works..
    SC | MC

Tech Student

Im assuming that one message is when the fader reaches zero. I tried to map the fader using both messages like you said, it does change the amount of effect 2 but it changes it randomly and i have no real control over it.

You probably have done this but have you checked the settings -fader / knob, sensitivity isn't too high etc.

Other than that I'm not sure - you could try search for a midi-monitor program, but if it is happening on all the faders I doubt anything is wrong there.
    SC | MC