Specific Audiofire 4 Headphone Cue Problem
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Specific Audiofire 4 Headphone Cue Problem

I'm trying to setup headphone cueing with Traktor pro and Audiofire 4.

My problem is when I have the channel fader at zero,
    cross fader on the right channel, and cue on the left channel,
    I can still hear the left channel through the speakers.

The sound is coming through fine in the headphones.
    The problem is that when I press the cue button it seemingly overrides all over settings.
    (eg. even when channel fader is at zero, pressing cue button for that channel makes
    the song play through that channel.

My Traktor Pro settings:

My traktor settings:

• Notice that the L channel fader is at zero and the crossfader is on the R channel.
      However, the cue button on the L channel lets audio play through the speakers

My Audiofire 4 console (Analog 1-2 out)

My Audiofire 4 console (Analog 3-4 out)

Tech Wizard

got a picture of your audiofire console settings page?

Tech Wizard

Thats a different settings page to what I have (audiofire 2 shows routing for all channels under settings) have you updated to the latest driver version 4.8?

I don't know if you can change your routing with audiofire 4, the settings you have 1/2 monitor and 3/4 master is correct in the manual so should work, have you tried changing them around.

I have the audiofire 2 working fine with traktor pro using 1/2 master and 3/4 monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Mole View Post
    Thats a different settings page to what I have (audiofire 2 shows routing for all channels under settings) have you updated to the latest driver version 4.8?

I don't know if you can change your routing with audiofire 4, the settings you have 1/2 monitor and 3/4 master is correct in the manual so should work, have you tried changing them around.

I have the audiofire 2 working fine with traktor pro using 1/2 master and 3/4 monitor
    Thank you! It works now after the update.

I'm confused about why outputs 1 & 2 in the back behave like the headphones jack.

To me outputs 1/2 should behave as L/R outputs for 1 set of speakers and outputs 3/4 should behave like L/R for a second set of speakers.

Is audiofire instead giving me the option of using output 1 & 2 as speaker outputs or headphone jack (in the case of me using external mixer)?

Thanks for all your help Mole! Really excellent.

Tech Wizard

Sweet ya got it sorted, 1/2 output is monitored by the headphones so thats the way it is, though you should be able to change that on the settings page now, not that it matters.

Default Only one computer speakers works out of sound interface

I'm DJing a frat party Saturday with some decent rented peavy speakers however for the pregame at my house it's going to be more of a McGuyver setup.

I'm going to hook up computer speakers and a guitar amp to my audiofire 4. However there's one problem...

When I plug my computer speakers (2 speakers + bass) into audiofire 4 only the left speaker and the bass plays. The right speaker is silent.

Even when I set traktor pro to mono settings it still plays through 1 speaker.

The same things happens when I plug in a second set of speakers.

How can I make both speakers play instead of just one?

Tech Wizard

Sounds like you have a cable problem, do you have output 3 and 4 plugged into your speakers?
    Each output of the audiofire uses a TRS cable and sends a mono signal, so you need both connected, I had to make my own cables to connect to my amp as I couldn't find a TRS to RCA cable.

Check here for info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRS_connector

Only one is connected into the audiofire 4 because the speakers only come with one 1/8 jack.

Here's what Im talking about

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...6304&A=buyUsed

I don't think it's a cable problem because both my Klipsch and Logitech computer speakers only play out of one speaker. My logitechs back home had the same problem.

Is it because they are computer speakers or should there be a way to get both speakers to work? Is it a problem with a driver? audiofire console? traktor settings? windows driver?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

How are you connecting them to your sound card? what connectors/cables are you using?
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast