Turntable.fm DJTT Room
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Turntable.fm DJTT Room

So, if you haven't heard yet, a couple of guys from the DJTT chat set up a DJTT Turntable.fm Room (Link is here: turntable.fm/djtt ). So keeping to it, we've decided on having a theme for each day of the week. Of course none of the following themes are final. If the majority of the room is feeling something else, we can definitely change it, just keeping a general theme is good

Here our the standard themes (Subject to change):

Mondays - Deep, make things rattle and put your house on the Richter scale!

Tuesdays - Wildcard Tuesdays. Anything goes. Grab a bunch of random songs that you like and play them!

Wednesdays - Kicking it Old School. How the dinosaurs did it.

Thursdays - Electro/Progressive. Bump it like it's ment to be.

Fridays - Everyone's Grime. You know, wobs and modulated noise. Brostep encouraged

Saturdays - Spotlight Night, hear up and coming artists who are taking the world by storm! Basically, play your own tracks.

Sundays - Chillout! It doesn't have to be specifically Chillout tracks, but anything calm and relaxed, to help cure the Monday blues. Nothing heavy, such as Electro or Brostep.

Feel free to stop by and put a couple of tracks on. This site doesn't require you to get your kit out and mix. You just throw on the tracks, kick back and chat!

Also, if you have suggestions for other themes (or the room itself), post them! Perhaps we can have special events too
    Last edited by photojojo; 07-19-2011 at 11:14 AM.

+1

feel free to add suggestions. if enough people want we can do something else that day/ the next. its not set in stone
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by theory28 View Post
    +1

feel free to add suggestions. if enough people want we can do something else that day/ the next. its not set in stone
    Of course! I should probably put that somewhere.

amidoinitrite

Sat, Sun and Mon seem cool..
    I probably wouldn't tune in any of the other days..

I'm not too sure people will stick to the theme.. BUT, you never know!

also I think on friday we should encourage the deeper end of grimey music..
    Brostep already has 4 other rooms, people can get their fix their!

Quote Originally Posted by amidoinitrite View Post
    Sat, Sun and Mon seem cool..
    I probably wouldn't tune in any of the other days..

I'm not too sure people will stick to the theme.. BUT, you never know!

also I think on friday we should encourage the deeper end of grimey music..
    Brostep already has 4 other rooms, people can get their fix their!
    I feel you man. Heavier than normal. We should do a Speedcore day, just once though.

I think the idea of daily themed rooms is good in theory, but would be a mess in practice unless you had someone moderating the room. I'm much more inclined to enjoy people rocking out with whatever they are feeling and having an eclectic mix.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by BigC View Post
    I think the idea of daily themed rooms is good in theory, but would be a mess in practice unless you had someone moderating the room. I'm much more inclined to enjoy people rocking out with whatever they are feeling and having an eclectic mix.
    The reason why we have themes is because everything should blend well together. I mean if we have 5 djs up at the booth, and one guy plays Dubstep and then cut's into a Hip-Hop track or something, it would sound pretty erratic. Keeping a good pace is good. We do have a "Wildcard" day where anyone can play anything. But like I said, it sounds messy, there has to be some order in the room.

Quote Originally Posted by BigC View Post
    yeah, just kind of going with the flow of the room and what people want to hear would be cool. The themes for each day are nice, but i guess dont ruin the fun by bein too strict about it? i dunno
    2x Midi-Fighters, 1x Technics 1200MK2, Xone 2:02, Traktor Pro 2, Macbook Pro 13', Audio 2, circuit bent Gameboy, aaaaand some poopy Logitech speakerz.

i'm down to play some nu disco/dreamwave tracks on Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by Georgeo0 View Post
    yeah, just kind of going with the flow of the room and what people want to hear would be cool. The themes for each day are nice, but i guess dont ruin the fun by bein too strict about it? i dunno
    Haha, I actually have it up there that we can bend the rules when there's a majority ruling.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast