Best Softwares of Digital Djing ???? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tech Convert

It's not exactly software to Mix with, but something useful as part of your setup, check this post: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33975

Peace.

Tech Guru

last post looks like spam linking to your own product?? and the fact you only have 2 posts??
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Tech Wizard

http://www.mixxx.org/&ved=0CBQQFjAA&...N3dsarzUSY9T5w

This is an open source project, that you can get started on today. But traktor is well worth checking out too. It is hard to make up your mind on what to use until you get hands on with something.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by dj stifffy View Post
    last post looks like spam linking to your own product?? and the fact you only have 2 posts??
    Yo, well I have to start somewhere - I'm very active on reddit and some other forums, but if I want to let you djtechtools guys know about it how else would I go about it?

Look, I'm not making any money from it - I'm a DJ myself and built this cos it's useful. So take it, leave it - whatever, but if it helps DJs then surely I should let you know? Power to the people man. Cheers

Tech Guru

well usually when people start here and what to get people on their sides they would participate in the forums by helping or asking questions, not just creating a login and leaving a link
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Cut the guy some slack, at least it's free software he's pushing.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

touche, but still donts like spam, a nice warm welcome would have gone down a bit better

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ToOntown View Post
    Something you need to understand is that the software does not matter this much. You need to get to a point where you can step up to any software platform and create a mix. The fundamentals are the same in all DJ software...it doesn't matter if the songs are old or new. It depends on your abilities and your ears.

I recommended this in another post (sorry if the language was cryptic, I was just messing with you). I think you should get the Mixtrack Pro. It comes with Virtual DJ LE which is fine for somebody at your level. Then depending on your progress and interest, upgrade your equipment and software.

My friend saw me DJ at a party and got really inspired (even though I am not very good ) so he went out and bought the NS7 and a new MBP. Over $3000 in equipment. That thing has been sitting in his bedroom for months now. He got in over his head and lost interest. This can happen to anybody just starting out. Start small.
    Let me start over and make things clearly, I will start deleting the old giant post because he is very confused.

I'm sure I will not loose interest about djing man, I want to do this for the rest of my life, im not so noob as you think i am, it's because is very hard to me express myself in english.

I mix very well my old school disco/funk with the Cdjs100s and basic 2 channel mixer i had, i never had experience with vinyl DJing or digital (this equipament and import vinyls are very expansive in Brazil, because the taxes of our very corrupt goverment and i not a rich guy, this country is made only for rich people unfortunately)

i learning yet about digital djing, that things about beatgrid and software things, but i can tell you, i know it the most important is the music, for me, innovative, creative and real music with soul and art, music is what i most love in my life, sience my childhood i interested about good music, creative music, and thrust me, I have a fantastic collection of songs that I search for a loooong time, it always was my hobby, i love vanguard elecronic and non eletronic music to, old and new stuff ! especially Soul/Funk/Disco/House,

You certainly know its a high number of djs who not know nothing about history of the music he plays, dont respect, don't give a fuck for this ! IS CLEARLY NOT MY CASE !

So tha't the thing, now mix just 2 tracks with 2cdjs and in one 2 channel cheap mixer is to little for me, i wanna do something more creative with my mix, so i choose digital djing, the best option to do that ! i experienced with demo traktor mix with 4 decks, doing crazy loops, and stuff like that, sounds really wonderfull, AND NOW I FINALLY HAVE THE MONEY TO BUY GOOD EQUIPAMENT, but searching about softwares and controllers i find myself in a DILEMA ! and will really help some opnions of experienced Djs

Alternative 1. Traktor Pro 2

Use the setup 2 Kontrol X1 and external mixer, that scheme work perfectly to mix modern electronic musics with auto sync, and spend more time doing more creative mixes with 3 or 4 decks, doing crazy loops and stuff like that

BUT

I would love to mix my collection of old stuff (Soul/RareGrooves/Funk/Disco/) recorded with live instrument in a special sets about this, and (the most interesting i think) mix that grooves with the modern musics of that styles ! but there's a problem, is impossible beatgrid the fully track because the tempo variation, so are the solution, make the loops i want mix and beatgrid then, but traktor just can read one bpm per song, so in one of these loops i will had to adjust the pitch manually (note the bpm of the loop will help), but sounds me horrible do that pitch adjustment on mouse all the time, and sounds me more horrible buy the S4 just for use the pitch control, and i want the sound passing into a analog mixer for more quality of sound, sounds terrible buy the S4 just for use this pitch control and just for plug then in a external mixer.

****** Please correct something that is wrong in my analysis ********

Alternative 2. Serato Itch 2.0

I read something materials about this software, it seems Itch can do warp markers, elastic beatgrid, so i can do the beatgrid of the two loops i want to mix with this warp marks, and mix the both loops with auto sync, without do the pitch adjustment, or even i can do beatgrid the fully tracks of this oldschool stuff with tempo variation, and i will can make loops in all parts of the track, to mix any part of then with other musics (but i know if i do that, there is a price to pay, i will loose a part of the swing of these grooves recorded by live disco bands with variations in tempo)

I was seeing better Serato Itch, and the software's layout is really ugly, really scares me, looks like a amateur thing, why they layout is to horrible ???? but checkin better i realized, they are a lot of very good professional djs using this software, but mostly are turntablist djs, seems like this software is primarily designed for that.

Another thing, here is no chance to use Serato Itch 2.0 with the scheme like traktor, with midi controllers for the 4 decks and a external mixer ? the only way for i do that is with Numark NS6 or XoneDx ?

****** Please correct something that is wrong in my analysis ********

THAT'S IT FOLKS, I APPRECIATE SO MUCH YOUR ATENTION, I WILL BE VERY HAPPY AND THANKFUL IF YOU CAN SHARES YOUR EXPERIENCES IN THIS SUBJECTED, TO HELP ME CLARIFY SOME THINGS TO DO THE BEST CHOICE ON THIS STEP I WANT TO DO ! THERE WILL BE NICE LISTENIN SOME ADVICES ! AND SORRY AGAIN ABOUT THE GRAMATICAL ERRORS, BUT I THINK IS MORE CLEARLY NOW RIGHT ? IT'S REALLY DIFFICULT FOR ME, IM DOING THE BEST WHAT I CAN TO EXPRESS ME IN ENGLISH, IN BRAZIL DONT EXISTE GOOD FORUMS ABOUT THINGS LIKE THIS OF ELECTRONIC MUSIC, I HOPE I CAN COUNT WITH YOUR HELP !

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUTCH !!!!!! RESPECT FOR ALL FROM BRAZIL !!!!
    Last edited by disco420; 07-22-2011 at 12:37 PM. Reason: correct a gramatical error

tl;dr screw this shit, I hate looking at walls
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast