Best Softwares of Digital Djing ????
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
  1. #1
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    102

    Default Best Softwares of Digital Djing ????

    Hello guys, whats the advices you can tell me about digital djing of old school music with tempo variations (disco, funk, house), i don't wanna warping this musics on ableton, i know some the methods can be applied to this kind on a digital djing, 1. using the pitch like oldschool, 2. warp the tracks in ableton, 3. beatgrid just the loops that i will do the mix to use auto synch so.....

    Im thinking about start work with some software but i have some doubts about then, some people say that with Serato Itch it's better to do this mixes of old school music with tempo variations, they beatgrid are better for this kind o music, but i don't now if it's truth, what the advices you can tell me about the softwares of digital djing to use for mix this kind of music like old school disco, funk and house with live recorded drummers and tempo variations.

    Just one more thing, i never had a intensive contact with do djing with turntables with vinyl, this equipament is always to expensive for me ass well buy the records in my country, so i'm chose to do with CDJs but now i'm wanna change to digital djing, for use more than 2 decks, crazy loops, sync, stuffs like that, what the best option to i'm continue djing, but now with software + controller, (traktor with S4 sounds cool, with this control i can mix the old school tracks in old school style with pitch work, but is to expansive for me its totally out of the question), i almost buy 2 kontrol x1, but searching more about how to mix this music with tempo variations with synch, and X1 don't have a pitch control (i don't wanna do the pitch work with mouse hehe) i was in doubt and not bought then yet, Sooooooooooooooo......


    (S4, Timecode Vinyls, Ableton warping, are out of the question)

    ..... Can anyone tell me some advices to continue djing, but now digitally with a software using midi control and without stop mix the my old school disco and funk musics ? *it's thrue that thing about beatgrid in serato itch it's better for this?*

    Folks, sorry for some english errosr im doing the best that i can, thanks a lot for the help !!

  2. #2
    Tech Wizard B Linus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Since there isn't anything specific that you're asking for, my advice to you is to lurk the forums and the blog when you find the time and do a little research yourself, keeping your own personal needs in mind.
    MacBook Pro
    Numark NS7 + NSFX
    Serato ITCH
    Ableton Live 8
    Akai APC40

  3. #3
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B Linus View Post
    Since there isn't anything specific that you're asking for, my advice to you is to lurk the forums and the blog when you find the time and do a little research yourself, keeping your own personal needs in mind.
    im doing my search in blogs and sites to

  4. #4
    Tech Wizard B Linus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Ames, Iowa
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disco420 View Post
    im doing my search in blogs and sites to
    I suppose I can tell you I love my setup of an NS7 + ITCH, but it's based on many of my personal preferences. I love the tactile feel of the motorized 7" vinyl platters, and ITCH provides extremely helpful, large, stacked waveforms that help a TON in cleaning up a mix. However, many users here prefer software like Traktor for it's incredible effects, excellent sampling & cueing, and high flexibility that lends to more creative routes.

    It's completely a matter of personal preference, and that's something we can't exactly figure out for you. The best advice I can give is to figure it out for yourself by spending time reading/lurking.
    MacBook Pro
    Numark NS7 + NSFX
    Serato ITCH
    Ableton Live 8
    Akai APC40

  5. #5
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by B Linus View Post
    I suppose I can tell you I love my setup of an NS7 + ITCH, but it's based on many of my personal preferences. I love the tactile feel of the motorized 7" vinyl platters, and ITCH provides extremely helpful, large, stacked waveforms that help a TON in cleaning up a mix. However, many users here prefer software like Traktor for it's incredible effects, excellent sampling & cueing, and high flexibility that lends to more creative routes.

    It's completely a matter of personal preference, and that's something we can't exactly figure out for you. The best advice I can give is to figure it out for yourself by spending time reading/lurking.
    I think in my text that question of my personal preferences is not so clear, maybe for is be a little difficult to express myself in english, but that's the thing, i love the possibilites of mixing with 4 decks, or just 3 (one deck for loops and acapellas) and the possibilites of alot of effects, but i like very much to play more clean mixes of old school music in a special set of then, ore mix that old school house/disco/funk with the newest and modern songs, with effects and stuff, im hear about the beatgrid of Serato is better to this old school musics with tempo variations, it's truth ?

  6. #6
    Tech Guru
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati, USA
    Posts
    782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disco420 View Post
    Hello guys, whats the advices you can tell me about digital djing of old school music with tempo variations (disco, funk, house), i don't wanna warping this musics on ableton, i know some the methods can be applied to this kind on a digital djing, 1. using the pitch like oldschool, 2. warp the tracks in ableton, 3. beatgrid just the loops that i will do the mix to use auto synch so.....

    Im thinking about start work with some software but i have some doubts about then, some people say that with Serato Itch it's better to do this mixes of old school music with tempo variations, they beatgrid are better for this kind o music, but i don't now if it's truth, what the advices you can tell me about the softwares of digital djing to use for mix this kind of music like old school disco, funk and house with live recorded drummers and tempo variations.

    Just one more thing, i never had a intensive contact with do djing with turntables with vinyl, this equipament is always to expensive for me ass well buy the records in my country, so i'm chose to do with CDJs but now i'm wanna change to digital djing, for use more than 2 decks, crazy loops, sync, stuffs like that, what the best option to i'm continue djing, but now with software + controller, (traktor with S4 sounds cool, with this control i can mix the old school tracks in old school style with pitch work, but is to expansive for me its totally out of the question), i almost buy 2 kontrol x1, but searching more about how to mix this music with tempo variations with synch, and X1 don't have a pitch control (i don't wanna do the pitch work with mouse hehe) i was in doubt and not bought then yet, Sooooooooooooooo......


    (S4, Timecode Vinyls, Ableton warping, are out of the question)

    ..... Can anyone tell me some advices to continue djing, but now digitally with a software using midi control and without stop mix the my old school disco and funk musics ? *it's thrue that thing about beatgrid in serato itch it's better for this?*

    Folks, sorry for some english errosr im doing the best that i can, thanks a lot for the help !!
    Hey daddy-o, I can dig it. You just feelin' the funk, my brotha!

    Alright so check it out. This blog is right on with some really ace material. Don't let these drag cats tell you to close the shades, they Bogartin'!

    You want to DJ, I think that's dy-no-mite! So dig this, T-bone: you got the big three: Serato, Traktor, and Virtual DJ. They got babies though, smokey. Itch and Traktor LE... Then you got some itty-bitties like Torq and Deckadance. Diggin' on it so far?

    Let's break it down. You got some old tracks that don't got the quantized treatment. That means they drift in tempo. But that don't mean they ain't bringin' the house down, am I right?! So hang with me, kush. None of these DJ softwares can warp or quantize your live tracks so you can forget it. If you don't got love for Ableton, you're gonna have to keep on truckin' like the rest of us, ya dig?

    Don't be strokin' that chin, this shit ain't that heavy. You just startin' out. So check this out. Why don't you go grab a Numark Mixtrack Pro with Virtual DJ. I'll be real, you don't sound like you got the jones for the DJ biz. I ain't bringin' you down, pothead, I'm just hip to your groove. Once you got two decks down you can step up your game to four and go for Traktor or Itch.

    Slap my afro, marijuana smoker!

  7. #7
    Tech Mentor
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    downers grove Il
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Get tp and a cheap controller and a sound card and mess with it for a while. It'll he the best for you.
    Audio 2 Dj VCI 100 Ion Discover Dj Ihome headphones Traktor Pro Compaq desktop/ gateway laptop Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/EDM-El...06094132799412
    http://www.facebook.com/djdynasty17
    Email: edmfreaks@yahoo.com

  8. #8
    Tech Guru Garygary1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA, USA
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by toontown View Post
    hey daddy-o, i can dig it. You just feelin' the funk, my brotha!

    Alright so check it out. This blog is right on with some really ace material. Don't let these drag cats tell you to close the shades, they bogartin'!

    You want to dj, i think that's dy-no-mite! So dig this, t-bone: You got the big three: Serato, traktor, and virtual dj. They got babies though, smokey. Itch and traktor le... Then you got some itty-bitties like torq and deckadance. Diggin' on it so far?

    Let's break it down. You got some old tracks that don't got the quantized treatment. That means they drift in tempo. But that don't mean they ain't bringin' the house down, am i right?! So hang with me, kush. None of these dj softwares can warp or quantize your live tracks so you can forget it. If you don't got love for ableton, you're gonna have to keep on truckin' like the rest of us, ya dig?

    Don't be strokin' that chin, this shit ain't that heavy. You just startin' out. So check this out. Why don't you go grab a numark mixtrack pro with virtual dj. I'll be real, you don't sound like you got the jones for the dj biz. I ain't bringin' you down, pothead, i'm just hip to your groove. Once you got two decks down you can step up your game to four and go for traktor or itch.

    Slap my afro, marijuana smoker!
    WTF!? i find this post very frightening

  9. #9
    Tech Guru DJ SB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    773

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ToOntown View Post
    Hey daddy-o, I can dig it. You just feelin' the funk, my brotha!

    Alright so check it out. This blog is right on with some really ace material. Don't let these drag cats tell you to close the shades, they Bogartin'!

    You want to DJ, I think that's dy-no-mite! So dig this, T-bone: you got the big three: Serato, Traktor, and Virtual DJ. They got babies though, smokey. Itch and Traktor LE... Then you got some itty-bitties like Torq and Deckadance. Diggin' on it so far?

    Let's break it down. You got some old tracks that don't got the quantized treatment. That means they drift in tempo. But that don't mean they ain't bringin' the house down, am I right?! So hang with me, kush. None of these DJ softwares can warp or quantize your live tracks so you can forget it. If you don't got love for Ableton, you're gonna have to keep on truckin' like the rest of us, ya dig?

    Don't be strokin' that chin, this shit ain't that heavy. You just startin' out. So check this out. Why don't you go grab a Numark Mixtrack Pro with Virtual DJ. I'll be real, you don't sound like you got the jones for the DJ biz. I ain't bringin' you down, pothead, I'm just hip to your groove. Once you got two decks down you can step up your game to four and go for Traktor or Itch.

    Slap my afro, marijuana smoker!
    This shit cracked me up.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by disco420 View Post
    sorry for a lot of english errors haha, but i think we can communicate, im tryng very hard to express me in english.. sorry about some errors guys, i hope we can communicate with other

    Check it this out, i'm brazilian in my country equipaments like that is very very very expensive because the fuckin taxes of our fuckin corrupt goverment (and im not a richy one, this country is only for richy and corrupt people), im always love music, it's my passion when i was a kid, music is my life, im breath, im eat, im sleep and wake up, with music, especialy electronic, and soul/funk/disco and house music, so in a few years back im started with this thing of djing for fun and share this music with people, and always learning more and more, now i have the certainty that i wanna do this for the rest of my life, live this, and share the grooves what i like with the people, im started a few years back with a cheap equipament that i bought used (two cdjs and 1 very simple mixer 2 channels berhringer) this help me to pratice the beatchmatching, equalize and stuff like that, im would love have all the grooves what i like in Vinyls, especially the oldschool sutff, the chicago and detroit sounds, disco music classic grooves and started djing thing with vinyls, but that always was toexpansive for me import this records in my country, and buy 2 two tunrtables, needles and stuff like that, but even with cds and a cheap mixer im still have my fuckin greath musics soul/funk/disco/chicago/detroit/house stuff, i realized that i cant buy this vinyls, but i can buy the musics that i love so much in good digital .wav quality, so let's work what we can ! because i think the important is the groove, the grove is in the heart like dee-lite says right friend ? for all these years i ALWAYS save some money to buy the musics what i love so much, old disco/house/funk flavas, and newest vanguard eletronic house/disco stuff, and construct my case, only .wav ., and i can say I HAVE THE GROOVE, like jack ! and im understand perfectly that crazy, and i wanna share this with the people and live of this beautiful art ! you know what mean ?

    So that's the thing, let's go back to present day, Today im domain the pitch work thanks of the cheap equipament that i bought years back, these days i dont have this equipament any more, im sold then, i kept some money, bought a macbook, and i will do my first step to the professionalism, i love the possibilites of traktor to mix with 4 decks, doing crazy loops on decks, mix this, with crazy effects newest vanguard songs of house/techno/nu-disco, buuuuut i loooove to mix my old stuff, rare grooves, disco, soul, funk, some boogie and old school hip hop in a clean way, and mix then with this new vanguard songs to ! aaaaaanndd the money that i kept all of this years i can buy even with the fuckin taxes of my country, some good equipaments, 2 monitors, one sub monitor, a mixer djm600, macbook, 2 kontrol x1, audio 8dj and traktor, im know this is a good option to mix the modern electronic musics, but whats worried me it's with this equipament i can mix my oldschool thing to, without beatchmatching, (because sounds horrible do the pitch work with mouse or mapping a knob of kontrol x1 to do the pitch work and i dont have the money to buy a S4), the possibilite to warp this songs on ableton is totally out of the question, because i dont wanna loose the originality of this live disco bands and stuff, and the time to, a lot of time working on ableton, i dont wanna do that, so theres the possibility to do that mixes with loopin the parts i want to mix of that songs oldschool songs with tempo variation and beatgrid then to mix without pitch work, and focus to do other crazy loop or acapella or a newest vanguard house music joining new and old stuff in another deck you know what i mean? somebody have experience mixing this kind of songs of disco bands, with this technique with beatgrid just the loop good to mix ? im really wanna know if its will work good with this equipment and this technique that I told you, because is my first contact with this equipament, and i want to know some experience, if this is really work with this equipment that i will buy ! and if i will doing a good thing bying this equipament to do that's stuff ! thanks alot !

    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •