Time Jump - Can Traktor do this?
    Tech Guru

Default Time Jump - Can Traktor do this?

I know that Traktor has the beat jump feaature (which is extremely useful). Howeverm I was wondering if it has a time jump feature. Like "jump" 15 seconds forward or backward.

This would have 2 main implementations for me:

1. When I mix rock metal songs into my electro sets, I cannot really grid them since they were recorded live in a studio and the tempo fluctuates a tad. So, say, starting to mix in s build in the background that is 15 seconds away from the last note/beat/etc. of the rock song and 15 seconds till the build ends would be most useful. I did it once without a "time jump" in a recorded mix, but it was quite difficult and nearly messed the whole transition up if I had not timed it correctly.

2. When mixing genres of edm with 2 distinct different BPMS (say...128 electro with 108 moombahton), having the be in sync with their cooldowns would be an efficient way of transitioning between the two.

Thoughts?
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

well, the whole 15 seconds thing is super subjective, because lots of tracks have A LOT of different tempos. the only thing i can say is that you need to get more creative with your beatjump mappings, like maybe making a modifier that makes it hit the beat jump +8, 4 times instead of one.
    I know what you mean by wanting to skip around. normally to do that, i just play with the +8 and the +1 beatjump until it lines up

just use beatjump/ cue points. I manually set looped cue points when the timing is slightly off on some things

don't know if this is helpful

If you dig around the articles from the "home section" Ean has an article on mixing in rock tunes.

He create manual loops that has an loop-out point that will be in sync with the track carrying the beat. Maybe you should check that out.

Now, I just tried to look at but I couldnt find it, its in there somewhere. Man, searching for articles absolutely sucks. I must be missing something. I use the search bar and it just displays the articles in chronological order starting with the latest?
    DJM900||CDJ800MKII(2)||PDX 2000(2)||Yamaha HS50M(2)||Yorkville YSS2||Macbook||Traktor 2

http://soundcloud.com/ryanleomusic/

Why don't you warp the tracks that have a dynamic bpm in Ableton and then render to audio?
    Check out my work!

Vestax VCM-600 (for sale!) - Allen & Heath Xone:62 - Focusrite Saffire LE - Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 Pro - Traktor Pro 2.1 - Ableton Live 8 - MacBook Pro 15"

A 'time jump' of a whole second would not be musical in 99% of situations
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

You can also lay down more than one beat grid....
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin