MacBook Air's - Plenty of grunt it seems
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Default MacBook Air's - Plenty of grunt it seems

I know its come up a few times how good the Air is for DJ'ing ... Apparetly it now kicks ass even over last years 17' MBP so plently of power for Audio Apps

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/07/20/...0-macbook-pro/

Tech Guru

I was wondering if should I buy an Air 13'' with i7 1.7 or MBP 13''...
    I'm worried because the lack of USBs and because there is no Firewire.

I think I will wait for some hubs to appear before jump into Air :
    Thunderbolt -> 4xUSB
    Thunderbolt -> Firewire800

Tech Guru

If I had to spend my own Nickel I would not hesitate going with a Air. I have a 2 year old Air here that runs Traktor really well granted you cannot slam it with a bunch of FX and stuff but for normal tasks its great. Can only imagine what the current crop is like.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    I know its come up a few times how good the Air is for DJ'ing ... Apparetly it now kicks ass even over last years 17' MBP so plently of power for Audio Apps

http://www.macrumors.com/2011/07/20/...0-macbook-pro/
    Look at the size of that screen!

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

which one ? The 13 or 11' ?

I wouldn't really consider the 11' .... 13' at a minimum resolution looks sick too and looks like it'd put my battered 2 year old MBP to shame.

as much as i want to get the 2011 MBA - 256GB SSD is not enough to store all my music

I just upgraded my macbook pro hdd to 750GB and its still not enough - really cant imagine going to 256GB unless i really downsize my library

too bad though the 13 inch MBA looks so SEXY
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Tech Mentor

as mentioned earlier the USB connectivity is the biggest problem. But the air's are more and more looking like the perfect portable dj laptop
    2 x Technics 1210's (mk3's), Xone 62, Denon 3500, TSP2, Traktor Kontrol S4, Midifighter, Macbook pro

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJZILCH View Post
    as much as i want to get the 2011 MBA - 256GB SSD is not enough to store all my music

I just upgraded my macbook pro hdd to 750GB and its still not enough - really cant imagine going to 256GB unless i really downsize my library

too bad though the 13 inch MBA looks so SEXY
    That's my worry... My music collection right now is not so large, I can live with 256GB, but I'm not a professional DJ yet, I think it will rise as the time goes on and I will end up needing an external HD. It's even worse because that I would loose half of the USBs...
    It would be easier to choose if there was an adaptor, hub or something to expand the thunderbolt port to multi-protocols adapters (usb, firewire, ethernet, hdmi)

Shouldn't it be theoretically possible to make a powered Thunderbolt USB hub with like 50 ports if you wanted? If no one's made a TB USB hub yet (other than the new cinema display, that doesn't count lol), I'm amazed!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    Shouldn't it be theoretically possible to make a powered Thunderbolt USB hub with like 50 ports if you wanted? If no one's made a TB USB hub yet (other than the new cinema display, that doesn't count lol), I'm amazed!
    Sexactly.

My only concern is the 13" screen.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast