Ableton or FL Studio?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Ableton or FL Studio?

I'm starting to really get into producing but before I get familiar with FL ,I wanna know everyone's opinion on why one is better than the other , Thanks
    Dell Inspiron 15r,4 gig ram,720HDDSerato Itch,Pioneer DDJTS1,Pioneer HDJ500
    Ableton Suite ,Akai Apc40,Akai LPD8,LPK25,NI Audio 2
    The Echo Reflex(T.E.RF)http://www.mixcloud.com/TERF/

ableton has better instruments and far better sound quality, i use ableton for all my production... but what it really comes down to is what you like and feel comfortable using

try both and the one you use the most is your sequencer

Quote Originally Posted by calgarc View Post
    ableton has better instruments and far better sound quality, i use ableton for all my production... but what it really comes down to is what you like and feel comfortable using

try both and the one you use the most is your sequencer
    Better built in instruments, perhaps. I'm not fond of a lot of the stock ones in FL, but then again when there are many available online, sticking to stock plug-ins is kind of unnecessary.

And what specifically are you referring to about sound quality? Rendering?

i love abletons instruments and effects, but i love my vst's too and of course hardware instruments are a must

Tech Convert

Ableton all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Belmont! View Post
    Better built in instruments, perhaps. I'm not fond of a lot of the stock ones in FL, but then again when there are many available online, sticking to stock plug-ins is kind of unnecessary.
    On there other hand, you can do A LOT with just the built-in features that follow that little load-box (That holds samples and some envelopes and that, yknow?) and a 3xOsc or some other stripped down synth. I'd love a 3xOsc in Ableton, as I don't have accses to suite :c

Download the demos and try. Don't listen to a single word any one here says, you can make killer tracks with both FL and Ableton. Only advantage Ableton really have is that its designed to be used as a performance tool, but other than that its pure workflow differences.
    Last edited by Warwolt; 07-21-2011 at 05:08 PM.

Okay thanks guys. I'm gonna try Ableton tomorrow, just finished my first track in FL and it sounded like static even when I had my friend mastered it (He's a sound Engineer) SoI'll tell you my verdict after I come up with a track in Ableton. Also, what's everyone's opinion On Reason 5??

Tech Wizard

FL Studio is great in my opinion for beginners and amateurs but for professionals: The choice is clear.... Ableton.

(I personally use FL Studio due to the fact that it's cheap and I started looking into producing when I was 12 and from my understanding back then, Frooty Loops was the only software out there for amateurs and I"ve remained loyal to them since because I'm far from a pro and I DJ mostly)
    ***2 Stanton c314 CDJs, 1 Behringer DJX750 Mixer, 2 Gemini XL-500 II Direct Drive Turntables, Sony Bass Boost Headphones, Yamaha Clavinova CLP-501 Digital Piano, Traktor Scratch Duo 2, And the Willingness to learn and look stupid ***

Yeah I'm 16 so It was cheap but my friend who's going to school using Ableton gave me the program so I'm trying it out. I love producing music even though I suck at it XD That's why I want the best .

Tech Mentor

If you guys only knew the pros use FL Studio... and what tracks are made in FL Studio...you would shit logs, not bricks.

The program is as only as good as the person operating it. 9th wonder, lex luger, and deadmau5 all use fl studio
    Last edited by TABS; 07-22-2011 at 01:50 AM.
    Butcher
    DJ/Producer/Audio Engineer

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast