Can anyone do this using traktor pro?
    Tech Wizard

Default New problem with left Platter

Hi All

Apologies for the last post it was an error. After digging all night on forums and settings etc. I have found that it is not the settings, but the vci itself. I thought it was setting problem as i could scratch properly using god knows how many different TSI files.

The problem is in fact. I scratch with my left hand. The right platter is fine (tried for the first time tonight), but the left platter only gives out an on and off message. Once I start rubbing the scratch, it loses the signal and the track carrys on (Only on the left hand side of the jog wheel). On the same platter but the right hand side, its fine.

Any ideas?? Is there anything i can do?

Cheers Everybody

Michael
    Last edited by mrmlbell; 02-17-2009 at 04:24 PM. Reason: New problem and me being a right hander.

It sounds similar to a problem I had a while ago.

I just took the jog wheel off by removing the three top screws, wiped the job sensor with a soft cloth and checked the screws, screwed the wheel back on securely, turned the vci back on with the jog wheel sensitivity to maximum and callibrated it again.

It has worked fine for me since. Hope it does the same for you.
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

Sounds like he just needs to adjust the sensitivity settings on the back of the unit for the left jog wheel to me.

Tech Wizard

Thanks very much Gents

BentoSan, I have tried every sensitivity setting there is on the back (from min right throught to max)

I am going to try your method now kidfromkibbly,
    Which bit is the job sensor and can you tell me how to do the calibrate part.

Thank Michael

If I am understanding you right; I get that same problem every once in a while. I think it's a static electricity thing. Maybe i need to try and clean mine, too...

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

you might have some fluff caught around the optical sensor on the jog wheel....

Tech Wizard

Hi Gents

Not sure what i was cleaning and nothing looked dirty to be honest. But having cleaned inside and switched it off and back on. It is working perfectly. I am back in love again...

On another very poor note.... I was adjusting the sensitivity on my right deck and it disintegrated totally. Very odd. So in complete panic i adjusted the left hand one and they are both seemed to be linked.

Not too happy about the adjustment falling part, but happy with the vci now.

Thanks for the help guys

Michael

Keep adjusting them to taste, the two sensitivies shouldnt be linked in any way.

Tech Wizard

Hi All Finally plucked up the balls to follow this guide

I was very nervous, and i am so pleased i did it. The VCI works perfectly and i can scratch. I am not sure which part i cleaned that helped, but it works very well now.

Just wish i never updated traktor to the new version..., but thats another story.

http://www.djtechtools.com/wp-conten...diy-repair.pdf

cheers Michael