Traktor 3.4 Track collection not saving?
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor 3.4 Track collection not saving?

Hey All,

Been learning how to use my controller, and for awhile it was dandy and still is, but as I've been adding/removing tracks to the track collection, often times even if i right click on track collection, click save, close then reopen traktor my edits/changes aren't saved?

Any idea's what might be going on? I google'd around but the only solution was to manually save the track collection which, seemed to be working fine for awhile then didn't seem to be working. Some edits would save while others wouldn't, maybe I should just manually edit the .nml file?

Any tips/info appreciated.

Thanks,

What a system You use? If windows vista, did You maked permissions to overwrite settings folder for application user? I think its stupid but why not? Check it
    Official Site
    Polish NI Promotion
    Native-Instruments.pl
    TraktorPro.pl
    TraktorS4.com

Tech Wizard

I'm in windows XP still, and now that you bring it up, i forgot to mention, when i right click the traktor3 folder the folder is marked read-only. If i uncheck it, it goes back to read-only does traktor lock the track collection or lock the files maybe this is a bug?

Thanks for responding so quickly too.

Mate so its good You not using vista lol
    I using xp too, so.. hm hm hm, If I remember good, some time ago i have similiar problem with t3, and I reinstalled it. It helps I just copied old settings files to backup folder, and after reinstall process i overwrited new.

I think isnt bug, because I have T3 and T.Pro and I dont have this problems with new versions Propably something bad in settings files, and You need to reinstall. Maybe Try, it not costs :P
    Official Site
    Polish NI Promotion
    Native-Instruments.pl
    TraktorPro.pl
    TraktorS4.com

Tech Wizard

hrmmm, lemme give that a try, I installed over the previous hoping it would reset things but didn't try an uninstall, i'll give it a go later the urge to practice wins the urge to fix

Thanks,

hey hunger 2 things

1) after every closing of traktor (or before loading for that matter) make a backup od colection file (is it nml, or xml... i can't rmemeber)

2) before you are about to close traktor (in T3) select all your songs in your main current playlist and have them "write file tags". i.e. click on the right mouse button and select it from the drop down menu. This way, you manualy save every track you have been working on in your session.

i don't encourage you to do this somewhat automaticaly and rely on certain T3 functions. I do two above steps all the time, due to fact that when computer crashes with T3 on causing unexpectadly to close T3, your settings file can be corrupted!!!
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Tech Wizard

I see, yeah I was manually just saving the track collection but did notice that sometimes my edits to tracks weren't saved, so I'll start manually saving from now on.

This does make sense though, all these track issues all occurred once when I was mucking around my laptop had traktor open and wind0ze crashed. I'll do a complete reinstall and start saving my tracks more often manually.

Thanks for the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by hunger View Post
    I see, yeah I was manually just saving the track collection but did notice that sometimes my edits to tracks weren't saved, so I'll start manually saving from now on.

This does make sense though, all these track issues all occurred once when I was mucking around my laptop had traktor open and wind0ze crashed. I'll do a complete reinstall and start saving my tracks more often manually.

Thanks for the tips.

i dont think that you need to bother with reinstal, but on the other hand it can't go wrong
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII