headphone recommendations
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Default headphone recommendations

Can anyone recommend headphones? looking for best bang for the buck.

Thanks

These 3 sets of Sony's headphones I have used to great delight

LINK

I have owned two pairs of these 500 Series and both lasted 5 years before dying.

LINK

The 900 Series are pretty nice as well but meant more for in-studio

This set I am currently using...

LINK

I have also used these Pioneer headphones with great delight...

LINK

I would have to say thus far my favorites would be the Sony 700 series for when I am playing a gig. They are comfortable on the ears, the sound quality from them are great. The only down fall about them is eventually (a few years time if well cared for) the headphone hyper extends and no longer site comfortably.

Although I find this problem to be with all the headphones that can be folded up.

Really and truthfully it also does come down to personal taste. Try snagging a DJ friends set and see how you enjoy them. Certainly shop and research.
    Last edited by jasonj; 05-27-2008 at 11:05 AM.

The Sony DJ700s are guaranteed to break after a year or so of use, and they all break in the same place. They are on-ear phones that rest on your ears not over-your-ear that cover them like a cup, they have amazing bass response and can be turned up and up without distortion. Great headphones. I loved my DJ700s for years, carefully repairing them with strong polymer thread and polyameride adhesive (unwaxed floss and superglue!) until I got to the point where I wanted to try something new. I use my phones heavily throughout the day and evening, so investing in a good set is one of those things that makes sense. I set myself a budget of $250.

Not wanting to go the well travelled Sennheiser or AKG routes, their issues are well understood, I found the HFI-700 by Ultrasone, a small european company who make well reviewed midrange and high end headphones. And I am a convert - the phones are not even from their DJ range, yet have all the usual DJ articulations and are solidly constructed with all of the usual breaking points reenforced, they fold up for travel and they are over-ear noise blocking design that is comfortable for the long listening sessions I have during my work day, or for aircraft flight (always take your own phones when flying). Make sure to get one with a curly cable as the straight cable is loooooong.

Annoyed with your Sennheisers or Sony pro phones? Check out Ultrasone.

http://www.ultrasoneusa.com/headphones.html

No, I'm not affiliated with them, just a very satisfied customer (although I wish they'd give me money for all the word of mouth I give them).
    Last edited by Fatlimey; 05-27-2008 at 11:48 AM.

Tech Wizard

I recently picked up the Pioneer HDJ-1000's and I am completely satisfied.

The sound is absolutely amazing! A lot of people will tell you if a head phone fits nicely or not, but you may have a small/massive melon, so I won't even go into that!

Anyways, the head phone's have a perfect blend of Highs, Mids and Lows. I was really surprised with the tone and response across all spectrum's of music genres.

I would highly recommend these headphones and would buy them again if they ever break down physically which brings me to my next point. I really can not comment on the longevity of the build but can only speculate that they will hold up over time as the build seems absolutely sound and concrete.

Hope that helps a bit!

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD580's i love to death and back, i have been using them for a number of years doing production which they have been great for. Problem is that they are open air in design so really would not work well in a club environment Looks like ill be picking up a new pair at some stage myself.

Scratchworx has a pretty decent article (but by no means complete) on cans you can find here - http://www.skratchworx.com/reviews/H...eGroupTest.php

Agh... how could we forget about this article Ean did a little over half a year ago -
    http://www.djtechtools.com/2007/09/2...ur-headphones/ Edited

I personally have not had any experience with these so i cannot comment, but if it saves your ears to mix for another day thats a good thing !
    Last edited by BentoSan; 05-28-2008 at 07:39 AM.

Tech Wizard

You forgot to turn the loop function off in that link!

It can not see past this thread.

Tech Guru

I have a pair of Technics DJ1200's. They're cheapish (US$180), sound decent.. good for monitoring. Sit nicely, compact, look nice, fold up, good for one sided monitoring. Also they last for fukin yeeears. The guy at the DMC store here said hes never had a pair returned, and I'd believe that.

http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_el...o_rpdj1200.asp

Prob not the highest level headphones, but for their cost they're great imo.

Tech Mentor

i got a pair of 50 dollar technics. they arent bad sound pretty good for 50 bucks. but they feel kinda cheap now that i have broken them in.

I also have a pair of the Technics RP-DJ1200A (Silver Version) and love them. I see that don't show them on the Panasonic Website but they are the same as the black ones.

Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast