headphone recommendations - Page 2
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

i got sposored by we this year, i'm supposed to use their headphones but i find them too big for me. i've been using sennheiser hd25-1's now for over 10 years and can easily say they are the best headphones i've tried or used for what i do. not the cheapest, but they are my ears and i rely on them for every dollar.
    Last edited by lofi; 05-27-2008 at 10:35 PM.

As you see there are just as many oppinions on this, as almost any other piece of equipment. The best thing for you to do is find a store that runs the various brands, and then go try 'em out yourself. That's what I did years ago and my choice fell on the Technics RP-DJ1210. Main reasons were the incredible bass and the tight fit around the ears.

Last edited by VoOFA; 05-28-2008 at 05:18 PM.

Lol sorry guys i messed that link up - recapping the edit here - http://www.djtechtools.com/2007/09/2...ur-headphones/

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    Annoyed with your Sennheisers or Sony pro phones? Check out Ultrasone.

http://www.ultrasoneusa.com/headphones.html

No, I'm not affiliated with them, just a very satisfied customer (although I wish they'd give me money for all the word of mouth I give them).
    I LOVE my Ultrasones! I have the DJ Pro1 and the HFI-700 studio headphones. They still look brand new and sound great, and I get a lot of compliments from other DJs who hear them. The company is fantastic, some of the best support I've ever head (Event Electronics being the other). The pair they originally shipped me had a bad driver. I called them to ask about a return, and they apologized profusely and shipped me a new pair before I'd even sent the first ones back. "Just put them in the box these came in and send them back to us." That kind of thing makes me a devoted customer.
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

i had the same prob with the sony 700's cracking. then, when i sent photos to sony explaining the prob they denied it happens and got attitude. i tossed those pos's and went back to my ol sony v6's...i think. put on earpads and they are good as new. they even survived a couple of years of a 1-2 yr old dragging them through the house.

There's actually an online petition demanding affordable repair of V700s because of a clear manufacturing defect. (Shame whoever wrote the thing didn't proof it, but oh, well.) Sony has denied culpability for years. I liked my V700s a lot, but you have to think of them as being leased to you for $100/year, cuz that's what they end up costing you.
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

The Pioneer's are great, but I went through 3 pairs where they all broke on the right hinge. Fully covered under the warranty, but regardless it was a pain.

I like the Technics RP-DH1200 a lot.

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

I use a pair of these and swear by them. I had a pair of Stanton DJ-3000's and the LEDs were really cool but... well... after they broke and were jury rigged together four times I decided that it wasn't even worth getting them replaced. These sound clear and crisp at loud volumes and isolate sound very well in a club (meaning I don't need them to be at loud volumes) and fit very well. The rotating ear cup means I don't need to keep my head angled to hold them on in and out mixing, and they hold secure.

My only complaint is the cable is short. But, honestly, I can get an extender if I wanted.
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Mentor

senheiser HD25's are the industry standard for most dj's
    i have the senheiser hd 280 pro's and love em
    all comes down to preference

Tech Mentor

to be honest i think headphones is a really important equipment the important thing is that i have to have good quality,good sound and the most important thing affordable i've try many headphones like pioneer denon and allen & heath dont get me wrong they are awesome and good quality but high on price u kno $150-200 but for me the best headphoes on the market for the price because of the sound quality the durability and the price the stanton pro dj 2000.....if u used them u wont be dissapointed

http://www.djstore.com/images/produc...adjpro2000.jpg

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast