Looking for a soundboard

Default Looking for a soundboard

Wassup everybody, I'm looking for a soundboard, something that will allow me to program sound effects and bind them to a key or something. That way while I'm mixing I can hit the key and the effect will sound. I think you can use a certain kind of keyboard for this and if so which is a good one to use that's not so expensive.
    DJ BIG Q. (HIP HOP/ OLD SKOOL)
    myspace page
    Gear: Fujitsu LifeBook N6220 (Pentium Centrino M Processor 750 1.86GHz, 3GB RAM, 1x 200GB and 1x 500GB HDDs, XP Pro), Traktor Pro 2.1, VCI-100 Black SE, M-Audio FastTrack Pro Soundcard, and Blue-Ice 5000W Amplifier.

Numark I/O DJ working perfect with VCI-100 and few controllers what my friend and I using and isnt high price but i don't know really did it's good for You

propably someone will offer You better card here
    Official Site
    Polish NI Promotion
    Native-Instruments.pl
    TraktorPro.pl
    TraktorS4.com

Gudowski, thanx for the quick reply but what you are suggesting is a SoundCard, I Have one already that works well, what I'm talking about is a soundboard, you know like you have keys and buttons programed with sound effects like Sirens, air Horns, gun shots, people voices saying things like "You're in the mix with DJ such and such", and women voice soundbites. I am looking for something like that. I will be mixing on Traktor Pro but the soundboard will hold the soundbites that will be programmed to it, so thats what I'm looking for if anybody knows a good soundboard or programmable keyboard that is not above $300.00 please let me know.
    myspace page
    Gear: Fujitsu LifeBook N6220 (Pentium Centrino M Processor 750 1.86GHz, 3GB RAM, 1x 200GB and 1x 500GB HDDs, XP Pro), Traktor Pro 2.1, VCI-100 Black SE, M-Audio FastTrack Pro Soundcard, and Blue-Ice 5000W Amplifier.

ahh sorry, I readed bad :P night here and full day of work hehe )
    Official Site
    Polish NI Promotion
    Native-Instruments.pl
    TraktorPro.pl
    TraktorS4.com

google FLOSSY FX. it was made by the djs flosstradamus to use alongside traktor or serato to add basic samples such as air sirens and gunshots. i guess you map it to hot keys and somehow run it at the same time as traktor. another dj i spun with was using it, and i was asking him about it, and i think what he said was that it uses a separate output on your soundcard (he was mixing externally) and routes it into a channel on his mixer. i asked him how it works, and he dropped a nifty LP filter with a siren into some gunshots right into the bass drop of a song and it sounded pretty good. im going to be looking into it a little bit more, ill let you know if i figure it out

shmobletons:
    Thanks for sharing that! I've been looking for a simple program to be used as a sampler. Even thought about learn programming to make one for myself. I'll check that out as well and see how it feels.

Though software is a bit off topic, but atleast I'd rather have some program with midi control to do the job since I already have enough equipment to be carried around.

Thanx guys I will look into that.
    myspace page

Oh man FlossyFX2.0 is right on man it has everything I'm looking for all I need to find is the glass break and the woman screaming for it and It will be totally be in there... Thanx shmobletons and Aanrii...
    myspace page

oh yea if you want the 2.0 version go here http://romkedehaan.com/2008/03/flossyfx-beta-1.html
    myspace page