Help! nightmare gig
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Help! nightmare gig

ok so ive just bought a new laptop as mine was really starting to struggle, didnt plan on gigging with it last night but the old one finally gave up the ghost so i had no choice.

the laptop i bought is a hp, win7 x64, 3gb ddr3, 500gb hdd (1tb external) & intel i3 processor, traktor pro 2.0.3

i got all of the crap uninstalled from it and had a general clean up, changed all of my windows settings to run high performance and ran game booster to further speed up cpu.

problems started right from the offset, i started getting really random dropouts, i checked all of my usb cables etc (they are all nice thick, short, ferrite beaded types) and cranked the latency right up. after about half an hour it became unbearable and i had to switch to cds for the following 4 hours.

I really dont know where im going wrong, my old lappy ran with 2gb ram and a crappy celeron m processor fine, it was just nearing the end of its life.

are there any cpu experts out here that may be able to tell me how to maybe speed it up (i read that the cpu as default shuts off one of its cores until needed, but you can change this so that it shares load over both, i just dont know how) or anyone that can give me an insight on something i may have missed.

i have another gig on sunday and 3 next week and really need to get this sorted. but please guys dont just say get a mac, christ if i could afford it i would but i cant lol.

cheers in advance,

brian.

Are the USB ports USB3 or USB2. There's issues with USB3
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

usb 2, im going out of my mind here lol, i really dont know what else i can do

Is your latency the same as before? Try kicking it up a bit.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

Check out this handy little tool dude.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

I run a 64 bit win 7 machine as well mate. what i usually do is disable all the network drivers in device manager, turn off the batery and also disable acpi.sys as well. If you run latency mon, dpc latency checker you can isolate where cpu spikes etc are coming from. Disabling acpi.sys solved most of my issues. also gamebooster and disabling aero in win 7 will help man.

dpc latency checker http://www.thesycon.de/eng/home.shtml
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

I cranked the latency right up and still no better, latency checkers brilliant, I have it on my desktop, and its hardly registering at all it says everythings fine

Cheers for all of the input guys, @ jester I disabled the network cards, bluetooth, battery, onboard sound, dvd drive, but not the acpi.sys, I haven't came across this, what does it do when its on normally, also I forgot to mention the waveforms look like they are struggling a bit, kinda jubbery sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by brian_johnstone View Post
    Cheers for all of the input guys, @ jester I disabled the network cards, bluetooth, battery, onboard sound, dvd drive, but not the acpi.sys, I haven't came across this, what does it do when its on normally, also I forgot to mention the waveforms look like they are struggling a bit, kinda jubbery sometimes.
    if it's in windowed mode it will till you fullscreen it. does that on my laptop as well
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

it was doing it on both, i was thinking will altering amount of virtual memory +/- help at all

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast