Traktor 2- need help with 2 outputs (speakers+headphones) PLEASE HELP!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Traktor 2- need help with 2 outputs (speakers+headphones) PLEASE HELP!!

hey ive recently gotten into djing and am trying to set up some gear so i can start mixing
    i used to use virtual dj but ive moved up to traktor 2 because it is a heap better and my controller is made for it
    my setup is a "numark mixtrack" controller, 3.5mm headphone output and hdmi output for my speakers, and of course a laptop with traktor 2 pro

SO MY QUESTION IS: how am i meant to route my audio settings properly for traktor pro 2 so i can play my music through my speakers and my cue through headphones

it was easy to set this up on virtual dj because i just selected 2 sound cards and chose my "conexant" sound driver for headphones and hdmi output for headhpones
    im having trouble doing this with traktor because it seems you can only choose one sound card. PLEASE HELP
    ive been researching this the past couple of days and seem to be getting nowhere. ive also tried the "asio4all v2" driver as recommended by most, but that doesnt work or im doing something wrong

thankyou anyone that can help

Do you have the Mixtrack Pro, or just the Mixtrack? Because the normal one doesn't have a sound card, so you'll need this for the functionality you're after...

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...aktor-audio-2/
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by OmniRoss View Post
    Do you have the Mixtrack Pro, or just the Mixtrack? Because the normal one doesn't have a sound card, so you'll need this for the functionality you're after...

http://www.native-instruments.com/#/...aktor-audio-2/
    ive just got the standard mixtrack, (from what i know the only technical difference is mine doenst have any other outputs besides usb)
    so you recommend i invest in a traktor audio 2, any other/cheaper alternatives?

Ah ok. Then yeah, you'll need an Audio 2. Don't settle for cheaper alternatives... It'll sound the best and it's not even that expensive really.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Wizard

sweet, ill look into buying those soon

still, anyone else have any idea how split my laptop sound cards, i know it could be done in virtual dj but why not in traktor :/

Audio 2 is your best solution. In the mean time, you can indeed do it with asio4all. I don't know how (I'm a mac user), but I know it's possible.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Wizard

can someone please give me advice on setup for asio4all into traktor 2, would be much appreciated

Tech Wizard

need advice please on setting up asio4all v2 driver into traktor 2 to split headphones+main speakers

Tech Student

Default Hi, got a solution for you

That's what I wrote to NI support:
    "Support hello,

I recently consulted you after my Traktor Pro 2 crashed, while I was trying to
    change the latency settings in my built-in Generic Low Latency ASIO soundcard. I followed your advice, and downloaded ASIO4ALL. Since I want to work with earphones, I plugged in my USB earphones, (it's actually regular earphones with a small PL connector, that connect to an external soundcard, that connects to the computer via USB). Then I tried to choose in Preferences>Audio Setup>Generic USB Audio device (shared mode), and the system crashed.
    What should I do?"

Here is what NI support had to say:
    "Hello,

But this is exactly the reason why you have to use ASIO4ALL and NOT "Generic USB Audio device (shared mode)". Whatever device you use over a shared mode WASAPI driver may cause heavy problems, even crashes are possible.

Therefore install ASIO4ALL, then SELECT ASIO4ALL as soundcard, then use the
    ASIO4ALL control panel to configure it so that it uses your "Generic USB Audio
    device" as output. Maybe you should have a look into the ASIO4ALL manual, which describes this in all detail.

To use this driver, please download the latest ASIO4ALL driver from the following link: http://www.ASIO4ALL.com

Please follow all the instructions on this site to install and use this software
    driver.

(Please note that this driver is not manufactured or supported by NATIVE
    INSTRUMENTS and we cannot guarantee its performance.)

Best regards
    Native Instruments Support Team"

I did as they said, installed ASIO4ALL, launched Traktor Pro 2, went to Preferences>Audio Setup>Chose "ASIO4ALL v2" as my "Audio Device">Settings>Made sure both my earphones and soundcard were highlighted>Exited "settings">went to "Output Routing">chose "Output Monitor" Left and right as "USB Audio device" (my earphones)>Chose "Output Master" Left and Right as "HD Audio output" 1 and 2 (my soundcard)>Close.

I also made sure that the earphones volume was up, and that the "cue/mix" button was on the "mix" side. It works fine now, just like virtual DJ

Tech Wizard

sweet thanks for a reply to my question! i still havent gotten an external soundcard ($150 is pretty expensive at the moment) and ive still been trying to find a solution
    legend! will try this now
    Quote Originally Posted by Illinoize View Post
    "Hey bro, you got any Skrillex? How about Deadmaufive?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast