The Progression of Technology

Default The Progression of Technology

being a technology driven website, some of you may interested in this

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

has anyone seen these movies?

theyre rather anti-establishment but provide some positive alternatives, im interested in peoples thoughts on the feasibility of the proposals offered.

theyre about an hour long each i think. ADDENDUM being the most recent and most informative, the first one seems more like a scary hippy conspiracy lol
    Quote Originally Posted by dripstep View Post
    Kaon, none of that has to do with drum and bass.

I saw, really nice idea of show ppl life progress

at this moment i watched only first part, the movie. I must check this second what You talking about
    Official Site
    Polish NI Promotion
    Native-Instruments.pl
    TraktorPro.pl
    TraktorS4.com

Ive watched both of the videos, they make alot of accusations that dont have alot of evidence, however there is also not alot of evidence counerting what they say either so its hard just to sit here and blow it out of the water completely. I am interested to see if they make a third one about this economic crisis that we are going though which was largely created by the banks they love to harp on about in the movies to begin with.

The model society they pictured is a bit hard to beleive it actually comming into fruition as there are alot of quirks that need to be worked, out but one thing is for sure democracy and globalisation are only a single step in the history of mankind and i refuse to beleive we are going to stop evolving our society now we have reached this point. Some people believe globalisation and capitalism are some sort of high pinicle in human society and will be around forever - if history has taught us anything is that there will allways be change to our social structures so i am not personally a believer of this, but each to their own.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Ive watched both of the videos, they make alot of accusations that dont have alot of evidence, however there is also not alot of evidence counerting what they say either so its hard just to sit here and blow it out of the water completely. I am interested to see if they make a third one about this economic crisis that we are going though which was largely created by the banks they love to harp on about in the movies to begin with.

The model society they pictured is a bit hard to beleive it actually comming into fruition as there are alot of quirks that need to be worked, out but one thing is for sure democracy and globalisation are only a single step in the history of mankind and i refuse to beleive we are going to stop evolving our society now we have reached this point. Some people believe globalisation and capitalism are some sort of high pinicle in human society and will be around forever - if history has taught us anything is that there will allways be change to our social structures so i am not personally a believer of this, but each to their own.
    Quoted For Truth

It seems all like OMGWOW at first, and does have some very good points, but then when you watch it again and think about it for a bit and TBH its pretty much as BS as the stuff its preaching about.

If your interested in this sort of thing I reccomend you read the book Ishmael by Daniel Quinn. Its fucking amazing. Wisdom to the max.

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post

yea i cant look past their false accusation-one of the guys quoted in the religious section also has some theories about christianity being an ancient mushroom cult... which is pretty lol.
    however their theories i find very interesting, certainly positive thinking. especially regarding the money system. i mean lets face it, its fucked, its been fucked for years adn unfortunately the only way to fix it is with some sort of global attitude change.
    and i agree (with more angst), people assume evolution stops here are f*cking lethargic devils who need to grow up.
    but as far as change in our social structure is considered im a firm beleiver that change is being muffled and dragged out.
    greed is being cunningly amplified to help economy growth and thus we are all alienating ourselves from each other

question-would our monetary system be better off if all humans used it selflessly?(i know thats never gonna happen but im interested in thoughts anyway)

I saw the first one, still need to see the second part, quit interesting complots and conspiracy theories of our f*cked up world.

i guess the real relevance to what we are doing here is what they were discussing about being drip-fed technology(to increase profit), if money wasnt a factor (in this new hypothetical world) we would be in a whole other situation right now

Oh they are right when they talking about the banking system, they are 100% on the money there(pardon the pun), thats how it works - totally messed up friggen system where the printing presses are basicly owned by the private sector :\ Its seriously time for some change.