Getting a hard time cause i use a controller - Page 2
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    lol @ cd "old school" boys
    This! CD DJs are stoked they aren't the bottom of the totem pole anymore.

LOL!

Tech Mentor

If you rely on sync, you're a loser. No really, you are.

A controller can do many, many things CD decks can't. Step your game up and show them that your performance is better than them. On the other hand, if you're just using a controller to do the same things they're doing, just easier, that's quite lame.

Usually the reaction people give me when I'm using a controller is "Wow... look at all those lights. (drunk slurring) How do you know how to do all this stuff?"

Yeah apart from a couple of friends that use ableton the rest of my mates use cdj's. I'm the only one using traktor. At first every one was sceptical but i pursued my interest regardless. Fk em. Kept showing them videos of stuff people been doing like routines. Now they starting to realise they're been left beind. I reckon unless your a producer as well then just spin your own tunes on cd otherwise you need to bring something else to the table these day's to distinguish yourself. That being controllerism.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by zimfella View Post
    I reckon unless your a producer as well then just spin your own tunes on cd otherwise you need to bring something else to the table these day's to distinguish yourself. That being controllerism.
    +1
    HP G6 - Traktor Kontrol S4 - Traktor Pro 2 - HD215's

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    Also, I want the bitches.

Tech Wizard

Find new mates.

Welcome to the world of controllerism, youve had your first piece of hate, just wait untill its club owners/promoters/paid DJ's giving you the abuse. (Then you turn up with your vinyl crate and wipe the smile off their faces the next again week :3 )

The next gen thing after Traktor DJing? will probably be easier to DJ again, and no doubt all the current controllerists will hate it because its a new medium over their preferred.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nada View Post

A controller can do many, many things CD decks can't. Step your game up and show them that your performance is better than them. On the other hand, if you're just using a controller to do the same things they're doing, just easier, that's quite lame.

Usually the reaction people give me when I'm using a controller is "Wow... look at all those lights. (drunk slurring) How do you know how to do all this stuff?"
    A very very broad statement, so all the ableton users are losers?? Since thats like an auto sync, richie hawtin is a loser then because hes touring the world everyday showing off his minimalist skills to thousands of people and also one of the first traktor users, a lot of people these days preprepare there sets for beat grids which means you either sync or you can look at your bpm and phase meter which is just at easy but frankly a waste of time since its already so easy, so ill gladly leave my sync button on with similar bpm'ed tracks, whats the point if not using the technology that is there, it gives me more time to find the next best song instead of pretending like im actually pre listening to a song to beat match it which in traktor would just make you a bad dj since you can see whats going on.

Aaaaaand before you jump the gun and say that makes me a loser and a shit dj because I "cant beat match" I actually played on cdjs for years and not too bad on the old vinyl, just think its pointless with technology these days, it gives me more time to work on what REALLY matters .......... Who woulda guesses...... THE MUSIC and and and THE CROWD.
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Nada View Post
    Pretty heavy words.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

If someone reduces DJing to syncing: has he understood what DJing is about?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RainerHaselier View Post
    If someone reduces DJing to syncing: has he understood what DJing is about?
    Yes..... The music :s
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast