Getting a hard time cause i use a controller - Page 4
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

just back on goood few posts haha... i only got my controller because i couldnt afford cd decks ... but now i have my controller am happy as a pig in sh*t..... not the best beatmatcher yit but i have turnt off the bpm and the phrase meter cause i do wana learn how to do it properly ...once am there then gona start being more creative .... everyone have a good weekend?

You can learn how to beatmatch manually with a controller. It's actually not that hard at all. I never understand why people make such a big deal out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dual citizen View Post
    i would ask the "real" non-sync using djs to stop playing pre-recorded music if they think using technology is cheating. How do you think the guitarists feel about guys "performing" with cds?
    lol

Tech Mentor

You can learn how to beatmatch manually with a controller. It's actually not that hard at all. I never understand why people make such a big deal out of it.
    i have mixtrack pro... the pitch travel is quite small ... its not like the cdj where u can move it a mile up or down... so the movements r really small

hopefully gona be investing in a s4 soon because this 3 page mapping can be quite a pain

Tech Wizard

In the way way back, I got two tracks beat matched, one was higher state of conciouness the other this banging Sunday Club thing. I drooled. It felt good to break apart the the two tracks into one piece. That was 20 years ago. We have moved on. Practice your phrasing look for the sweet cue points. Learn where you need to do the work or let the track do the work. Notice what makes you shake, what makes them shake, keep every one shaking. It is about you and your style not your mates. I'm loving dropping classics with cue point juggles because it makes me groove, never mind the hate, I just see the envy.

I showed up for a gig yesterday with the s4 and another DJ there was like "that's a nifty looking TOY". I just smiled at him and threw on a quick demo using some hot cue sampling.

He Just said "woah"

If you're using digital controllers to their full potential and not just because they are easier to mix with than people won't hate nearly as badly

Tech Guru

if people really poo themselves about what you do just set your laptop so you can close the screen without it shuting down and then show them what you can do , if thats too hard for you map a button that comes up as like a bass kill or summit but is actually a sync button and before you bring the next song is turn it off, of course de activate your sync lights then let them have a go watch them train wreck
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

127 steps isn't enough my friend.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by MrPopinjay View Post
    127 steps isn't enough my friend.
    It sure is.

CDJ200 pitch fader = +/- 0.02%
    Smallest possible adjustment for 175 BPM DnB = 0.035 BPM

Midi @ +/- 10% = +/- 0.16%
    Smallest possible adjustment for 175 BPM DnB = 2.03 BPM note this is worse than a CDJ100 which are pretty much thought to be useless

Meaning it's impossible to even roughly match a 175 track with a 174 track. Or with a 176. Or 172 etcetc.

You could use a smallest pitch range, say +/- 6% but then you're still at a min of +/- 1.2% so you still couldn't get anywhere near an accurate mix.

It's bollocks my friend. Use an encoder, fuck midi for pitch faders!
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast