Traktor Problem...

Default Traktor Problem...

I had no idea what this would fall under so eh, i put it here.

Okay, so I just got a new laptop since my other one got fried. I got a new copy of traktor pro 2 and I installed it and the installation went perfectly. However, once I started to use it the songs on the decks sounded like a higher pitch than they were in iTunes. And on every song I can bend the pitch about -8% and it sounds normal again. Is there a way to fix this?

Weird. Are the songs actually sped up, or is it only a difference in key? Are you playing Traktor and iTunes through the same soundcard and speakers?

Isn't that what happens when you have it set to 48KHz instead of 44.1KHz?

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    Isn't that what happens when you have it set to 48KHz instead of 44.1KHz?
    Yes.

could it be that on this laptop i dont have ASIO or something like that downloaded yet?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Pabloco View Post
    could it be that on this laptop i dont have ASIO or something like that downloaded yet?
    No, it's what Lew said. The sample rate in Traktor is different from your sound card's driver. Make sure they're the same and you'll be fine, the setting should be available in your sound card control panel and in Traktor's audio setup, set both to 44,100Hz.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    No, it's what Lew said. The sample rate in Traktor is different from your sound card's driver. Make sure they're the same and you'll be fine, the setting should be available in your sound card control panel and in Traktor's audio setup, set both to 44,100Hz.
    thanx problem fixed