[Traktor Pro\Soundcard] Setting up a M-Audio Fast Track Pro - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by freakerz View Post
    You know, I had a rule of never writing stuff after 2am... went out the window the day after
    Its alright i do it all the time Even now its quarter part 1 in the morning hehe

Yeah it looks better now.

About the ASIO drivers, ASIO is for Windows as has been said. I think the equivalent in Mac is the Core Audio which should offer low latency? And I found some information that Fast Track Pro supports Core Audio as well.

Since I don't have Mac I don't know should this be selected from the audio setup similar to selection between ASIO or the basic USB. In Windows the ASIO is definitely recommended with software that supports it like Traktor.

Could somebody give any verification do you have to choose between Core Audio and basic USB drivers or does Mac automaticly use the Core Audio? I did some research and it seems core audio is indeed in the core of the OSX so it wouldn't require any special stuff to be done. Like in this tutorial you just enable the usb soundcard from audio setup menu.

Tech Wizard

Hi guys,

Received a Fast Track Pro today and have followed this thread in attempt to set it up but to no avail.
    Unfortunetly I am running Vista @ 1.83ghz, 2GB Ram. I have set-up the audio routing as below, but the sound is very low with noise and monitoring does not work.

When selecting audio device I can choose between either M-Audio USB ASIO or Fast Track Pro (4in, 4out).
    Any tips?

Regards

Hey Great Tutorial,

I just bought an M-Audio Fast Track Pro and I was having a difficult time setting it up.
    But I need my mic. When I use your setting (even with m-audio drivers inputs options checked), I can't use my mic and if I switch I can't use my pre-cue.

So my question is:

Will my settings allow me to both use my mic and pre-cue with following settings:

-1&2(RCA) = main output
    -3&4 (RCA) = monitor output
    -A/B Switch turned (pushed in) to "B"

Tech Mentor

Why would the mic mess things up with the output settings?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by jainsy View Post
    Hi guys,

Received a Fast Track Pro today and have followed this thread in attempt to set it up but to no avail.
    Unfortunetly I am running Vista @ 1.83ghz, 2GB Ram. I have set-up the audio routing as below, but the sound is very low with noise and monitoring does not work.

When selecting audio device I can choose between either M-Audio USB ASIO or Fast Track Pro (4in, 4out).
    Any tips?

Regards
    Can't help you, I'm on a Mac, sorry!

Default No Messup, Just no sound

When I configure my M-Audio, the way describe above, I can not use my mic. The mic input will not come through the speakers.

If I switch the configuration and switch the A/B button, can I get the precue to work and can will this make the mic work?

Hey All,

Sometimes you want to make a shout-out or just say something catchy to get the crowd pumped so if you want to use the mic with the M-Audio Fast Track Pro, you need to do the following:

1) Make sure you have you checked the "Balance Input 1 & 2" in the advanced driver menu

2) Use output "0 & 1" as the Master Output

3) Use output "2 & 3" as the Monitor output

4) Make sure you A/B switch (for the headphones) is pushed in (for "B")

5) Plug in your mainline to output 1 & 2 (on the M-Audio)

6) Rock the Crowd!

Thanks everyone on this post for helping me figure this out you have all be very helpful.

Tech Wizard

Amazing thank you guys!!!

Just realised i forgot to put this into the FAQ, done now

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast