Holy shit! I just amazed myself a bit.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Holy shit! I just amazed myself a bit.

So I had to do this minimix for this thing. Had to be 15 minutes. Preferably spot on 15.
    So I just went into itunes chose 10 coherent songs and gave it a go. Just mixing as usual, nothing special.

Now it really shocked me when I saw that I ran through my 10 songs in 12 minutes. I had no idea I mixed that fast.
    It was plesant surprise that made my day.

So DJTT how fast do you mix ? Because now I do wonder.

1.5 hours 21 songs This is trance mind you

I keep adding songs and I keep getting 12 minutes. Shit's not even funny anymore.

I'm at one song per minute now.

depending on what and how you mix. i did mixes with 6-8 tracks/hour but also did some recordings with 25 tracks/10minutes
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Paris View Post
    depending on what and how you mix. i did mixes with 6-8 tracks/hour but also did some recordings with 25 tracks/10minutes
    Well for me it's beatmatch=> bring in the new track as smooth as possible with the EQ's => repeat

and 25/10 minutes that was with sync or ableton or something right ? Or a mash up instead of a mix ?

it depends on the music and the mood im in really, i try to make transitions as seemless as possible
    If you don't have haters, you're not doing it right

Tech Wizard

I did 8 songs in 5 minutes, but it wasn't on the first run it took me many many runs and practices.

Quote Originally Posted by MyUsername View Post
    Well for me it's beatmatch=> bring in the new track as smooth as possible with the EQ's => repeat

and 25/10 minutes that was with sync or ableton or something right ? Or a mash up instead of a mix ?
    yup. that was with sync but not in ableton. but i can asure you that it´s not to hard to do quick mixes without sounding like you´re in a rush. for instance the minimix i did on my keyboard 4 years ago. i´m still amazed of how many tracks i did in this one
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

I always end up with 12-13 tracks per hour. It's nice to know this, too. A few times I used this to roughly calculate for how long I must have played at some party - when my memory wasn't exactly of much help for determining this
    13,3" MacBookPro (Mid 2012) # 2x Technics 1210 # NI Audio 8 DJ # Ecler Nuo 2.0 # NI Traktor Kontrol X1 # Sennheiser HD-25
    http://soundcloud.com/vincent-lebaron/

I have a similar golden rule: 5 songs in 20 minutes
    I mix a lot of progressive-house where I play the whole song, not just mix-in-->refrain-->next song.
    But it's interesting and a lot of fun to alternate between a few songs per hour and a bunch of songs in maybe even ten minutes.
    The NI trio - Traktor Kontrol S4 - Maschine - Komplete - and some more gear...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast