Using Studio Monitors for other things
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Using Studio Monitors for other things

I'm going to be getting some KRK RP6 in the next few days, just wondering if people hook up there's up to there TV or other systems and how, or the best way to do it?
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.0GHZ i7. Kontrol S4. Traktor Scratch Pro 2.5. MidiFighter Classic. Aiaiai TMA-1.

I have everything plugged into my DJM-800, and external sources just going into unused channels.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Guru

Studio monitors are for music only. They will not work with a TV. In fact, if you hook them up to a TV they will get into an argument over who is the more superior technology and who is more well-liked by their owner. I've seen it happen 100 times.

Tech Mentor

I connect my RP8's to my television aswell through an AUX output Bass can be a little overwhelming though.

Quote Originally Posted by ToOntown View Post
    Studio monitors are for music only. They will not work with a TV. In fact, if you hook them up to a TV they will get into an argument over who is the more superior technology and who is more well-liked by their owner. I've seen it happen 100 times.
    trolololol...
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Tech Guru

well...as a bit of a geek...everything runs through my patch bay, so i can run anything through anything/everything
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2.7, MBP 13", iPad 2 & TouchOSC, Reloop NEON, Pioneer DJM750mk2, Mackie d.2, Pioneer CDJ800 x2, Technics SL1210MK2 x2, NI Audio 6 DJ, Dicers,

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    trolololol...
    Hopefully OP knows

Quote Originally Posted by fullenglishpint View Post
    I have everything plugged into my DJM-800, and external sources just going into unused channels.
    Getting tired of those sounds on your game? just turn down the gain or fader
    Feel like you cannot hear your opponent? EQ the mids up.... lool
    /人◕‿‿◕人\
    --Its not the OS, It's the user--

Quote Originally Posted by ToOntown View Post

+1

Seriously though, you shouldn't be using your studio monitors for stupid shit like your TV etc... but a cheap home theater system at Target or online for like $200 if you need speakers on your TV. Do yourself a favor and keep the studio monitors in the studio!!

Quote Originally Posted by MuzicFreq View Post
    Getting tired of those sounds on your game? just turn down the gain or fader
    Feel like you cannot hear your opponent? EQ the mids up.... lool
    hehe, I used to get bored and use the FX on my old DJM-600 on the radio and TV... pissed my housemates off no end lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast