What replaces the Technic 1200s?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default What replaces the Technic 1200s?

Just curious, on the market today what can be used to replace the 1200s for home use for scratching? I really thought about the numark ttx usb tt. Any sales rep or dj don't seem to like numark. Someone recommended the audio technica lp240. I was scratching my head on that one. Also, as I learn the s4, would you recommend buyin an x1 and using that as backup if my s4 breaks or something? Then I just leave my tech 1200s at home?I thought about buying a used pmc 06 pro for home use with tts. Thanks for any help.

Tech Mentor

Denon DN-S3700 is what I'd go with. Not sure what's wrong with Numark though, I like their stuff. Some DJ's hate anything that doesn't say Pioneer or Technics on it, that might be the attitude you're getting. Damn fanboys.

Tech Guru

The Stanton STR8-150 are very good tables and better than techs in a lot of places the problem is that 1200's are iconic and the end all be all for turntables. Rightfully so but it's hard to change people mind's once a standard is in place for so long just look at MIDI.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

I have a real nice 06 I can sell you if interested.
    Technics 1200 MK2s - Vestax PMC06 - NI Kontrol S2 - Traktor - Akai APC40 - Ableton Live 8

ITUNES hahaha

lol just get a decent stanton set like the t80's or 90's with an x1 they are cheap they sound pretty good and last long

Tech Mentor

str8-150's.

amidoinitrite

Whats wrong with technics??

T.80s are GREAT for the price!
    But I'd still get Technics.. I've never tried str8-150s BUT I've heard a lot of good things!

I'm hoping to be able to pick up some TTs soon.. I sold mine last week because I needed money, and now its time to start saving up again.
    I'm gonna go with Technics over anything else because its what i know and what I trust.
    I know the ins and out of them.. VERY easy to customize and repair!

Tech Guru

str8-150's for performance....and technics if you wanna practice on what you see in the clubs.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by amidoinitrite View Post
    Whats wrong with technics??

T.80s are GREAT for the price!
    But I'd still get Technics.. I've never tried str8-150s BUT I've heard a lot of good things!

I'm hoping to be able to pick up some TTs soon.. I sold mine last week because I needed money, and now its time to start saving up again.
    I'm gonna go with Technics over anything else because its what i know and what I trust.
    I know the ins and out of them.. VERY easy to customize and repair!
    one of the fan boys mentioned earlier??
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Thx for the opinions. I just wanted to see what else is out their. So guys in clubs what is the standard pioner setup? Its funny, I don't know one dj locally who uses traktor.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast