Updating my Gear, what i should buy?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Updating my Gear, what i should buy?

Hello!! I have Vci-100 with 1.4 firmware and newest mapping and i have Dj i/o soundcard.. And ofc Traktor Pro!

I have about 250€ to go (362.30 usd$)

Should i buy: 1. NEW SOUND CARD between Traktor Audio 2 DJ and Traktor Audio 6 2. or save to NA S4 3. Buy Vci-100 mapping layout and Coloured Faders and Knobs? 4. Buy Traktor Kontrol X1 and Traktor Audio 2 same time?
    Last edited by Fxma; 07-26-2011 at 03:42 AM.

What do you feel your setup is missing?

There's no point splashing the cash aimlessly - that's just shiny kit aquisition syndrome and you won't end up using half of it ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

I really need better soundcard.. and i am really interested in X1 but i think that do i really need it if i have vci-100? Layot mm i remember the most of things in mapping but layout is still needed hmm faders and knobs they are not so needed.. i can buy them later..

If you want to buy an overlay for your VCI, wait to see if they make an updated one for Traktor Pro 2.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

the audio 2 does seem to get a lot of love around here - If you've no interest in timecode there's not a lot of additional point to getting and Audio 4/6/8/10 I don't think.

I'd probably get the layout for the 1.4 f/w as well (or you could wait and hope they bring a specific mapping out for TP2 ...)
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

hmm i will buy audio 2 and the layout when it shows up!! and it seems that X1 is pretty useless becouse of Vci-100 which have all those functions

my vote would be for the Audio 2 and the X1 (if it was me and i wanted a better card/round out my setup)....

colored knobs are kewl too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xonetacular View Post
    Ya I've heard one song. It's called Skrillex.
    13" Macbook - 256gb SSD, 750gb HDD, 8gb Ram ❘ DDJ-SX | HDJ-2000
    Kontrol Z1 | Midifighter 3D | Kontrol X1

The VCI overlay is wicked! I'd defo get that and an audio 2.

The coloured knobs are ok but the rubberised ones are better. Do you have a silver or black vci?

Personally the VCI is still doing it for me.

The only thing i'd be tempted by is the TWITCH eh.

*tees up fullenglishpint who I know wanted to mention it but is trying hard not too *
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    that's just shiny kit aquisition syndrome and you won't end up using half of it ...
    Soooo guilty of this. maybe some sort of pad controller for better cue point juggling (I have a bit of a button fetish) ? The vci has pretty much everything else wrapped up ...
    TSP2 | MBP 13" | Fostex PM-05mk2 | Livid Block | Kontrol X1 | Arduinome 64 | Midi-Fighter | CME UF60 | phenom 1090t 4ghz desktop |

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    *tees up fullenglishpint who I know wanted to mention it but is trying hard not too *

Sadly he hasn't got quite enough money hehe.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast