is it me?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: is it me?

Default is it me?

why do i feel like we have had an influx of morons recently?

or people from other forums coming to be morons and sabatoge?

this is a braintrust...lots of us from alot of different places...playing different kinds of music...from different decades...being older doesnt make me better...not even...i/we have a different view...like you do...like we all do...it's about music and the love for sharing it with other people...

RESPECT

stop being know it all d!ckheads...

progress leaves casualties...so be it...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

There seems to be a growing trend on here that worries me. It seems like a large portion of threads posted are being turned into OT pissing matches between members about the merits of one thing over another. And if that's not the case then the thread is filled with pictures that either insult the OP or someone that posted after the OP with an answer that for some reason was deemed wrong by someone else, or have nothing to do with anything.

If someone asks what seems like a common question they're just rudely told to search. Has anyone on here actually tried to search for something before telling someone to search for it? Sometimes it's not that cut and dry. Karlos calls this the place where nice DJ's hang out I'm not so sure we could say that anymore.

I understand the need to joke around with each other, but I think before you sarcastically say something to someone you need to think about it first. Are they a new member? Will they get the joke? The community aspect here is great and that's what attracts so many new members here, but we have to be careful. First and foremost we need to make sure that questions are answered BEFORE we start turning threads off track.

There's also a few members on here that are quite blunt with their replies. I understand that sometimes you may get fed up with some of the things that get posted over and over again. If that's the case let someone else handle it instead of you coming in and telling them they're stupid, or what they're doing is dumb, or that their equipment is a piece of junk.

I don't want you to not give your opinion though. I want people to get both sides of the story so they can make an informed decision so If you don't like something simply saying you don't like that and giving legitimate reasons will work. The negativity has to stop.

We as a community need to seriously take a step back and look at ourselves. We built a reputation as a great place to hang out, but as we grow and grow with more and more new members we're starting to be like all the other forums on the internet. So please lets continue to keep this the place where nice DJ's hang out.

I'm going to start a more rigorous policing of some of the things mentioned above, but I would appreciate it if some of you made an effort to police yourselves a little.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

yeah...sorry...the more i read...the less love i feel...

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I would appreciate it if some of you made an effort to police yourselves a little.
    this is why my post count has gone down in recent weeks. half the time i dont know the answer to a question, other times i avoid the thread because its going to be an argument.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

felt the love now...

i´m in a hustle since some weeks about "leaving" this community or not. i don´t feel the love anymore it once had. well i love how this forum grew in the past year but it doesn´t feels like home anymore. thinking about just posting from time to time and concentrating more on the internetradiostuff i´m on now. we´ll see we´ll. i´ll be at on vacationn next week, maybe i have some time to make my mind up how i really feel about the forums (maybe it´s just the djtt-forums-mid life crisis)...
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

We need you Earl, don't leave us.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

We need you Earl, don't leave us.
    yes please...don't leave us...

I still consider myself & always will consider myself a student to the majority of users on this site in terms of experience and knowledge.

But there are definatly a lot of dickheads around as well.

If we stop adding fuel to the fire, im sure (hoping) it will burn out eventually.

I will hang around through the good & the bad as there is too much to learn from all you quality people on here willing to help out when needed.

Much respect to the majority

But im afraid I have no respect for you trolls

Im sure you know which catagory you belong in
    "Wow! I wanna be just like your friend! Thats honestly what i told my mom and dad when i was about 11 years old...i said when i grow up i wanna dj for rich people"

Tech Mentor

I'm going to start a more rigorous policing of some of the things mentioned above, but I would appreciate it if some of you made an effort to police yourselves a little.
    I think it is a good idea!

I started following this site because it was my stepping stone into the djiing world, with no real direction on where to start and what to buy at an affordable price. While I still love the DJTT articles the forum has gotten a little out of hand. I probably wouldn't be where I am today in my djiing career if I were to come on here and look for some help and get some of the answers that have been riddling the forum posts. It would send me to an ongoing circle of confusion with no direction on how to become a DJ. With the expansion of the amount of people on here I would say try to find some more moderators with the same ideas on how this forum wants to be!
    VCI-100 (DJTT Overlay - 1.4) - Neon Yellow Knobs
    Midi-Fighter
    15" MacBook Pro (Quad-Core i7)
    Traktor Pro 2 w/ Audio 2 DJ
    Stephon Ikōs (www.soundcloud.com/gbushkuhl)

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast