Beatgrid with xone dx and novation twitch
    Tech Mentor

Default Beatgrid with xone dx and novation twitch

Hello everybody, i have 3 doubts, if someone can awnserme i really appreciate..

1. the beatgrid function, including, beatgrid musics with tempo variations, is more improved using Xone Dx than using Novation Twitch ??????????

2. The functions like Slice mode, and auto loops, i can olnly using correctly if the track was beatgrided right ?????

3. Itch do the automatic analyzers about the tracks, and the mostly of the tracks (no tempo variation) i do not need even touch the grid, like traktor for example ???????????

Thanks alot if someone with experience on Itch can awnser this for me, thanks alot !

I'm no expert on ITCH beatgridding, but since both the DX and the Twitch use the same software there won't be any difference in the beatgrid behaviour. And yes, the features you mention do need a good beatgrid to work properly.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

Hm thanks, i asked this because i read in a digitaltip's review baout the Dx, the beatgrid is more inproved with this hardware, but they dont talk why...

Sounds like bollocks to me.
    The xwax Thread! - The minimal open source DVS for Linux!
    Reddit's /r/DJs! - Another great DJ community!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

The DX is older than the Twitch so I don't see how it can be improved over the Twitch. Same software same beatgrid functions.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

and about that ??

2 . The functions like Slice mode, and auto loops, i can olnly using correctly if the track was beatgrided right ?????

3. Itch do the automatic analyzers about the tracks, and the mostly of the tracks (no tempo variation) i do not need even touch the grid, like traktor for example ???????????

Quote Originally Posted by disco420 View Post
    and about that ??

2 . The functions like Slice mode, and auto loops, i can olnly using correctly if the track was beatgrided right ?????
    Correct - basically the beatgrid lines up the kicks / snares accurately, so the fx work better if the grid is correct

Quote Originally Posted by disco420 View Post
    Correct
    SC | MC