Traktor 3.4 slow down after a couple of hours
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Traktor 3.4 slow down after a couple of hours

Whhhhyyyyy! Has this problem been fixed yet? I'm using 3.4.1 , after more than 2 hours of playing with no problems, Traktor starts to slooooow down gradually. You can tell it's happening, track after track, loading time takes longer - scrolling through songs looks painfully slow - and the audio gets glitchy.. What the heck! I'm afraid to take this back into a club, for fear that after the 3rd hour I will probably have to plug in an iPod.

Is 3.3 more stable? I just want to be able to keep playing with no problems. I took key lock off, I have 400 or so songs in my Track Collection, .. someone , please help meeeeeeee!

I love Traktor when it's working, I don't want to switch to any other companies programs.. But if I have to, and tell other DJ's about why I did, it will suck.

Oh yeah, here are my specs

Sony Viao
    Intel Pentium 4
    Windows XP
    30 GB of RAM (18 free)
    Hercules Rmx
    Traktor 3.4
    Last edited by DJ OnDelay; 02-18-2009 at 05:33 PM.

Did you ahve this issue on 3.3 ? you might want to roll back a version - 3.3 was a pretty decent release.

Never had 3.3 , how would I get that download?? And is it absolutely more stable?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ OnDelay View Post
    Sony Viao
    Intel Pentium 4
    Windows XP
    30 GB of RAM (18 free)
    Hercules Rmx
    Traktor 3.4
    Eh........are you sure about this? Pretty sure you can't have 30GB of RAM.
    17" MacBook Pro, 2.66 GHz i7, 4GB RAM; Vestax VCI-100, NI Audio Kontrol 1/ MBox Mini, M-Audio Oxygen 8, Beyerdynamic DT-150 cans; Pro Tools LE 8, Ableton Live 8, Logic Studio 9, Traktor Pro

I have the same issue! I use traktor 3.4 and after playing for a couple of hours, the performance is not the same. I can notice that tracks load is solwer but what is worst the song skips for a second when I chage effects, or randomly.. and also the effects donīt sound the same.

Defently the software start working as if you were using a very bad pc. When you restart everything is normal again.

There must be some acumulative process that grows and reduce resorces available, after using traktor for some time. I thought It was just me, but I use the same version of traktor on my desktop and laptop with same result on both, and now I know that somebody else has the same issue. Maybe downgrading is an option, have not tryed it yet

my longest session are usualy 5-6 hours with T3.4, I have VAIO as well, and i bet it won't be as good as yours. So far i have seen just minor drop down in performance over the course of the night.
    DJ Blofeld - The Evil Genius
    I shall look forward personally to exterminating you, Mr. Bond.” Ernst Stavro Blofeld to 007
    Doomsday device: TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO, AUDIO 8, VCI-100black 1.3, 2x Technics SL1210mkII

Quote Originally Posted by Kupujte_Pytle View Post
    my longest session are usualy 5-6 hours with T3.4, I have VAIO as well, and i bet it won't be as good as yours. So far i have seen just minor drop down in performance over the course of the night.
    How much Ram do you have on your vaio?

I still use 3.3 (I think its 3.3.4). And I never go over 3 hours and I don't have any of these problems. I always wait to upgrade and when 3.4 hit the net I noticed a lot of people complaining. So I stayed put. Rolling back is probably your answer.
    SyblingQ - Electro House for dark alleys.

Quote Originally Posted by kidfromkibbly View Post
    Eh........are you sure about this? Pretty sure you can't have 30GB of RAM.
    Oh, my fault .. I think I was just thinking of the space I had on the hard drive, not that computer savvy.

My RAM is 251mb

Where would I get the Download for 3.3?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

you need more RAM something fierce. The minimum requirements for Traktor 3LE is 512mb
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast