Looking for legitimate copy of this track.
    Tech Guru

Default Looking for legitimate copy of this track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwiY4...e_gdata_player

Been searching high and low for a copy of this either on vinyl or cd. I'd even purchase a mp3 as long as it was 320 kbs. Anyone have any clue why it's so hard to locate was it mislabeled on the cd or just never released.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

i usually use discogs.com to reference music...

http://www.discogs.com/Christian-Smi...release/317847

the acid house mix isnt there...the original is on uderwater records which is Darren Emerson's label (from Underworld fame)...i wouldn't be suprised if it was a white label in house mix...

its def a rocker...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Guru

Yeah I've checked Discogs, Ebay, every MP3 site I could think of. Not sure where else I could look. Guess I'll just have to put this on my bucket list of stuff to look out for in the shops.
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2, 2X Stanton STR8-80, 2X Denon DN-S700, Akai APC40 + APC20, DDM4000, KRKRokit 8, HD25-II, iPad (Touch OSC)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by bartboy View Post
    Yeah I've checked Discogs, Ebay, every MP3 site I could think of. Not sure where else I could look. Guess I'll just have to put this on my bucket list of stuff to look out for in the shops.
    FWIW, John Selway has historically been contactable via the internet. At least, I was on the Global-Techno mailing list with him and he responded to private emails I sent him, at the time... you could try going straight to the source, IOW...

!!! AWESOMER !!!

or try underwater records...

Tech Guru

So I messaged John Selway on soundcloud and got this response:

The track is named incorrectly on that particular CD, it's actually the "Three O Three Mix" and is one of our original versions.

Furthermore, the version of this you would hear on Beatport and all other online dance music stores is incorrect as well. The files available for download are actually from a totally different release from another artist, not our stuff. We've tried multiple times to have it fixed so the correct tracks are available, but no luck so far.

The only absolutely sure way to purchase the correct version is buy a vinyl copy. multiple sellers with copies in stock listed here:

http://www.discogs.com/sell/list?rel...d=317847&ev=rb
    All I can say is WOW. I have just ordered a vinyl copy. I'm so glad I didn't download the copy from Beatport. I wonder how often something like this happens? Thanks to everyone for giving me ideas on how to find a copy.

very nice...might have to snap one up for myself...