Which USB hub do you use?
    Tech Mentor

Default Which USB hub do you use?

I have a Macbook Pro previous gen with only 2 usb ports and am looking for a USB hub to connect potential equipment...

Of course my main concern is the power output, can something in the ExpressCard/34 slot provide enough power to the VCI-100 (for example) or the X-Session Pro...

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by freakerz View Post
    Of course my main concern is the power output, can something in the ExpressCard/34 slot provide enough power to the VCI-100 (for example) or the X-Session Pro...
    Yeah i have no problem powering the any of my units off my expresscard via the usb port - not so lucky with the 2 firewire ports that are also on the card though.

Id recommend a expresscard over a USB hub as you will avoid latency and jitter.

Tech Mentor

Which brand do you use, local shop has a StarTech.com ... seems cheap ... and reviews are hard to find for these things!

Quote Originally Posted by freakerz View Post
    Which brand do you use, local shop has a StarTech.com ... seems cheap ... and reviews are hard to find for these things!
    Make sure its got a texas instruments chipset and you should be fine.

I personally use this one - http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=277548