Vestax VCI-300
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vestax VCI-300

Default Vestax VCI-300

Hi Everyone
    im currentrly a Torq Xponent user, but the Xponent is not that good
    so im thinking of getting a Vestax VCI-300
    1.Have any of you guys used it on a Live GIG ? reliable enough ? frozen on a gig yet ?
    2. what do you use as an external effector ? or what would be the cheapest effector ? best cheapest one ?

Default Vci-300...........

I woulden't bother on the VCI-300 unless your dead set on serato programs..

Get the VCI-100.. its the beezneez

Well
    I personally love Torq and never used Serato ....I actually gave up on Traktor as well, just not feeling it
    what i mean in here is that is VCI-300 reliable enough for gigs ?
    and is it worth the money ?

It's a frickin' midi controller, what do you mean by reliable? The controller hardware is definitely the last part of your setup that might fail on you during a gig - as long as you don't pour drinks over it.

And no, I don't know of a waterproof midi controller, although that would be awesome.

Please be more clear regarding what you really want... Why don't you like the Xponent? If you like torq so much, why switch? Why didn't you comment on the VCI 100 suggestion?

Oh and "best cheapest one" is a perfect oxymoron.

Well i had 2 small live gigs without any problems, only using traktor pro so no Itch,
    but the times i used itch at home it worked good.

Tech Guru

I have a VCI-300 and 100. The VCI-300 offers some really nice things like super nice faders, adj jogs, super tight with Itch and all. The 100 is great too but have not digged in enough yet. The 300 comes with a awesome built in sound card ,so for some this is a +.
    I wish the 300 had an effects section and Itch was more advanced, but use Traktor for now with a Nano Kontrol and can be quite awesome.
    If you like Torque and FX, I would not suggest Itch. It is really basic mixing, but really super real like as real vinyl.
    VCI-100 Black SE/ FW 1.3 / VCI-300
    Traktor Pro 1.1.2 / Serato Itch / SL3 / Ableton Live 7
    Korg NanoKontrol / KRK V4's
    NI Audio 8 Dj / Pioneer DJM-600
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

Yes if you want a real vinyl feeling and beatmatching then itch is very good, the best at the moment i think..

I demo ITCH & the 300 for an hour at GC and almost walked out with it. The VCI300 is a nice peace of gear, but it always comes down to what you want to do and how you are going to do it. If you came from a vinyl world the 300 & itch is the way to go. If you a digi-freak I would go with vci100 & the program of you choice.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Guru

good points. If Traktor will support 14 bit jogs, I would go with a 300 and get a Nano Kontrol for more knobs than you can handle. Itch is nice but simple and 2 decks and a little boring after time. Traktor is a bit more of a challenge and more power. Itch and The 300 is a solid unit though and quite stable.
    VCI-100 Black SE/ FW 1.3 / VCI-300
    Traktor Pro 1.1.2 / Serato Itch / SL3 / Ableton Live 7
    Korg NanoKontrol / KRK V4's
    NI Audio 8 Dj / Pioneer DJM-600
    Macbook 13"/ 2ghz

My friend gig's with the 300 all the time at house partys.. he's into just basic mixing.. not much mashup and it works fine for him.. the built in soundcard is a great feature and itch is a good program. All in all whatever you choose the 300 is a realiable controller, i have never seen it crash on him either.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast