New mix! Aspiring Producer/DJ looking for some input! =)
    Tech Wizard

Default New mix! Aspiring Producer/DJ looking for some input! =)

What's up DJTT. Kind of new around here, but if you're into Dubstep check this new mix I just cooked up. It starts off with some bangers/grime, goes into some deep Dubstep and then flies back up with a few more bangers to finish it off!

Features 16bit, Bassnectar, Amon Tobin, Doctor P, Sukh Knight, Chasing Shadows and more! Much love and feedback is greatly appreciated!
    theBASIS. Aspiring Producer.

Artist pages:
    theBASIS on Facebook
    theBASIS on Soundcloud

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by bwhitty View Post
    What's up DJTT. Kind of new around here, but if you're into Dubstep check this new mix I just cooked up. It starts off with some bangers/grime, goes into some deep Dubstep and then flies back up with a few more bangers to finish it off!
    I may come off slightly cranky below, but I mean the best and am definitely not trying to player hate. Here is a numbered list of feedback, having listened to like 85% of your mix before turning it off because it was messing with my flow in EA Skate 3..

1) tracklists in post or on soundcloud and/or genre in title of post = more listens and feedback

2) your mixing was pretty good, though I didn't notice much overlap of tracks, so perhaps what I mean is "you managed clean yet quick transitions between tracks"

3) I would describe your track selection not so much as a "wide selection of dubstep" or whatever you said on soundcloud, but more as "it starts out as the overplayed and overhyped sound of the moment and then goes into some slightly less played out dubstep and then goes back into playing the same midrange note with 300 different boring LFOs attached to it ad nauseum"

4) as you may have detected from 3), this style of music is among my personal least favorite styles of the moment. one or two of those midrangey wobble tracks is passable in a mix, more than three in a row and I start to wonder why NOBODY HAS NOTICED THAT THEY ALL SOUND EXACTLY THE SAME. BOREGORE MADE AN ENTIRE FRIGGEN ALBUM OF THE SAME SONG AND GOT FAMOUS OFF IT, WTF???

5) but 3) and 4) are my personal taste and really not your fault, so back to your mix.. I didn't feel like there was very much progression in terms of intro.. build.. breakdown.. build back.. outro.. over the course of the 30 minutes. I also felt like there wasn't much for me to "grab onto" except for an annoyingly lazy sample (by.. Flux Pavillion?) of a Lil' Wayne hook from like the year before the dubstep record was made.

6) What was the title of the mix? what was it trying to communicate to me?

7) don't describe yourself as an "aspiring" DJ or Producer, it sells you short and makes people want to skip over your music. you either are or you aren't a DJ and a producer. Judging from the mix I just listened to, you.. are.

!!! AWESOMER !!!

Tech Convert

nice post ^^ but the bwoy typed "but if you're into Dubstep check this new mix I just cooked up"

nevermind for me just the last song is ok , mixing - not so good , i'll do better only with my wired mouse and traktor

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by badman View Post
    nice post ^^ but the bwoy typed "but if you're into Dubstep check this new mix I just cooked up"
    Yeah, but the first mention of genre is once you've already clicked through.

I was saying that if the subject was "New dubstep mix! DJ/Producer looking for some input! =)" he would attract more listens. I like all styles of music but if I'm looking for background music to listen to while video gaming or doing household chores, I'm going to want music appropriate for said tasks.

tl;dr version : To understand which post and mix readers might pick, understand that a little bit of info in the post *title* goes a long way.

!!! AWESOMER !!!

I personally can't stand 30 min of dubstep either but can appreciate it where it's put in correctly but you have very clean slams!
    Traktor Pro 2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter (#100 by Ean himself!), blah blah blah

Soundcloud || Facebook