gig crates

Thread: gig crates

Default gig crates

alright... so i got a party coming up, i feel like creating a playlist specifically for it might limit myself, and i also feel like my entire library broken down by genre n subgenre might be too overwhelming...

so basically i was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice or would just like to share how they like to set their library up for partys?

I usually make a playlist of stuff I think might be appropriate. Mainly so I dont forget stuff in the heat of the moment. It's quite handy to have a big list of 'certified bangers' (thats what mine is called ) that you can dip into if you're stuck and cant think of anything.
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

Default gig crates

Check out the main blog.. There was an article last week on music organization pretty much covering this exact question.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by josh@firestorm View Post
    Check out the main blog.. There was an article last week on music organization pretty much covering this exact question.
    Yep, I don't do it exactly like he does, but my way is very similiar.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/07/2...e-klay-system/
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

ya i read it, great read... still wanted to know what worked for other people on here... thanks for all your input

Quote Originally Posted by jayruesahlum View Post
    ya i read it, great read... still wanted to know what worked for other people on here... thanks for all your input
    sorry.. i was going to write a better reply in my earlier post but i was on my phone

i used to rock a few playlists, one with most of tracks of genre 'x' & a couple of them had current tracks - one was my gig crate which i would swap new tracks in and out of every now and again..

the other 'current' playlist had tracks that were found on the latest ministry of sound & similar cd's as well as tracks from the top 10's of a couple of the dance shows on local commercial radio. this playlist was a saviour for requests as people would always ask if i had track 'x' from the 2nd disc of the latest ministry cd.... - in the comments section i would put the cd name & track number to aid this. for the radio top10's i would put the name of the show and the date of the list.