What Antivirus Programs Do DJ's Use?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default What Antivirus Programs Do DJ's Use?

I have 20 days of protection remaining with Kaspersky - time to renew. No issues with Kaspersky, having used Norton previously. 2011/12 reviews are unanimous - BitDefender comes out tops. What do DJ's/Producers use?

(Other than the obvious answer.......Mac )
    Last edited by JonathanBlake; 07-30-2011 at 06:56 AM.
    356 reasons why

I use comodo and ad aware
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Tech Guru

Try use a dedicated dj laptop if you can afford to and don't use it for Internet, I pretty much use mine just for running traktor and growing songs, iPad for Internet and pc for production/ downloads, I'm not sure how much resources antivirus uses but I know a few years back it used a lot of the processing power
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

None. I don't click on stupid stuff, don't let my kids use my DJ laptop, and don't DL from blogs.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I use a mac.
    "Tell me what I need to be a DJ so I can f*ck the prom queen"
    Biru on Soundcloud
    Biru on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    None. I don't click on stupid stuff, don't let my kids use my DJ laptop, and don't DL from blogs.
    My ASUS only has Win7 (no outlook), iTunes, Nero. Only visit sites like this (incl RA, Discogs, official news and sport sites). Download from beatport and Juno. Updates from Apple/Windows/NI etc. Would I be 'safe' Chris?
    356 reasons why

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanBlake View Post
    My ASUS only has Win7 (no outlook), iTunes, Nero. Only visit sites like this (incl RA, Discogs, official news and sport sites). Download from beatport and Juno. Updates from Apple/Windows/NI etc. Would I be 'safe' Chris?
    Yes in my opinion I think you would be, my laptop hasn't been factory reset for over 2 years and everything seems to be running smooth, mates dad (computer programmer) had a look over it and ran some software and said I have no traces of viruses or mal-ware..
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

The free version of avast is pretty good and non-intrusive, though i almost never have to use i because i'm not dumb about where i click and i can tell if a site is gonna be sketchy

On my PC I just got Microsoft Security Essentials.

It's free and works a treat.
    SC | MC

AVG, SpyBot and CCleaner...my laptop is my main machine...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast