recording mixes.. do i have to play it all the way through every time?
    Tech Wizard

Default recording mixes.. do i have to play it all the way through every time?

i find that when i make mixes that i generally only want to add in certain effects during the transitions.. is there a way or a certain program that i can use to just record modify my current mix with the effects without having to record the entire thing from start to finish?

i prefer not to use programs like audacity because it starts to get choppy once you keep slicing up the natural flow of the mix

you dont have to but you should to get the human touch to your mix

I think you can do it using ableton, I don't actually have it though so I can't confirm it. Anyone care to?
    | Pioneer CDJ 800 | Korg KM202 | Citronic MPCD-S3 |

Soundcloud|Twitter|Mixcloud

yeah i use ableton and you can

if i am doing a mix i just record the mix clean then i can just play it back in the parts where i want to add effects etc... so if you mess something up or want to try anything then all you have to do is click undo and try again.

Im not sure if this is what you're asking, but yes you can punch in and out of mixes with Ableton after u record it, to not have to re-record the whole thing is a nice advantage of using Ableton if you're making a mix and mess like 1 small thing up in an hour + recording