Nobody wants to work at it anymore? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by emaceratus View Post
    What about a separate Tab for newbie threads ?? You have absolutely nothing to fear from him
    I don't think its fear - its exasperation. We were ALL newbs - we can relate.
    356 reasons why

Quote Originally Posted by keithace View Post
    tech knowledge
    everything else comes from within
    Well said Keith. One is in the manual/'search' box/can be googled. The other not.

Last edited by JonathanBlake; 07-31-2011 at 10:00 PM.
    356 reasons why

Considering the people making such threads manage to ignore the FAQ (and the rest of the site), I doubt a newbie section would really alleviate much.

it's why I don't frequent forums like i did, want too many of those type of threads, when i started i got a 10 minute lesson from a good friend on how to use 1210's that was it! i went of and started up myself (before the interweb this the mid to late 80's, I learnt traktor by myself as well and as for Ableton I had lessons once every couple of weeks along with google it's really not that hard, I just think the human race has become more lazy and wants it all on a plate nowadays.

got a guitar at Xmas i have lessons love it, it's brought all that wanting to learn back to me again which i kinda lost with mixing and making tunes, guitar is hard and i love it been at it since January and it's honestly makes me appreciate real music/live music a ton more than i used to do.

i think in general the internet is a good thing and a bad thing and i reckon most people understand why.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ciar2001 View Post

got a guitar at Xmas i have lessons love it, it's brought all that wanting to learn back to me again which i kinda lost with mixing and making tunes, guitar is hard and i love it been at it since January and it's honestly makes me appreciate real music/live music a ton more than i used to do.
    Nice to hear a real musician on this site, been playing guitar for 4 years myself and bass for 11, love when people come upto me and say sure you can dj but that doesnt make you a real musician, I like to reply with what instruments do you play then? Usually say summit like drums then I ask how long and hear like 2 years... Its great to argue with people that dont have a clue.

And yes it helps you appreciate live music.
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Quote Originally Posted by dj stifffy View Post
    Usually say summit like drums then I ask how long and hear like 2 years... Its great to argue with people that dont have a clue.
    Does playing 'em for ten years count?

Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Yeah, that's something you can expect from someone with a name that's 'slutty' in dutch.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Yeah, that's something you can expect from someone with a name that's 'slutty' in dutch.
    Oh, I thought it meant 'lazy'...
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Ohms View Post
    Does playing 'em for ten years count?

maybe but a lot of people disregard djs as people that hit the play button I like to then turn around and see what tallents theve got
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast