Anyone here using the Denon DN-MC6000?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Anyone here using the Denon DN-MC6000?

I'm pretty over my S4 and this looks like a great alternative.
    How heavy is it? Is it portable enough to take to gigs?
    Whats the mapping for TP2 like?

Also, does anyone know if the audio from traktor is mixed in the mixer or in software when running midi mode?
    Mixes: www.mixcloud.com/djalexwild/
    Production: www.soundcloud.com/alexwild
    DJM500 : X1 : MBP 15" 2.53 GHz 4 GB RAM : HD25SP : MASCHINE

amidoinitrite

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Wild View Post
    I'm pretty over my S4 and this looks like a great alternative.
    How heavy is it? Is it portable enough to take to gigs?
    Whats the mapping for TP2 like?

Also, does anyone know if the audio from traktor is mixed in the mixer or in software when running midi mode?
    I'm pretty sure it can be used as a standalone mixer!
    I don't know the weight of the MC6000 but I do know that SC2000s are solid controllers, so I'd imagine the 6000 to be the same.
    Denon makes quality gear!

For your portability question:

traktor s4: 19.7 in x 12.7 in x 2 in ; 7.5 lbs (also read 10.3lbs)
    dn-mc6000: 18.1 x 10 x 2; 10.14 lbs
    livid ohm64: 16.5 x 9.5 x 1.75; 6lbs
    Xone dx: 15.8 x 12.8 (14) x 2; 10.1 lbs (12)
    vci100: 14.2 x 9.9 x 1.4; 7.7lbs

I was in the search for a portable all-in-one recently, so I was checking out size and weight. The parentheses are measures that were also listed on other sites, so wasn't sure which one was right.

I ended up with the DX! Mostly because of the sweet deal I got.

MC6000 is solid controller, was actually leaning on that one for a very long time. It is the heaviest out of the bunch though.

Good luck!

Thanks for that detailed info!

I'd be happy with it to be a bit heavier than the S4, I find the light plastic a bit off putting.

I know it works as a standalone mixer, but when the channels are set to midi are the faders just acting as controllers for traktors internal faders? In the youtube videos ive seen it looks as though the software faders are moving in response to the physical ones. I'd prefer the audio to be running as separate channels into the MC6000 and mixed there.

I haven't got one but i was looking at one yesterday at decks.co.uk when i went it ot pick up some new HD25 cans...

I thought it looked a bit cramped if i'm honest.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

That was my other concern. The jogs look really close to the faders and the pitch fader is in a strange place.

amidoinitrite

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Wild View Post
    Thanks for that detailed info!

I'd be happy with it to be a bit heavier than the S4, I find the light plastic a bit off putting.

I know it works as a standalone mixer, but when the channels are set to midi are the faders just acting as controllers for traktors internal faders? In the youtube videos ive seen it looks as though the software faders are moving in response to the physical ones. I'd prefer the audio to be running as separate channels into the MC6000 and mixed there.

Im guessing it works similar to the x1600..
    You assign the decks to the channels, control everything externally, then when you switch to midi you can assign it to whatever you want.. And while in midi mode the audio signal through the channel is not effected.
    So basically a midi layer on top.
    I'm not positive tho..

About it being cramped (vs S4)
    Denons buttons are solid..
    When I tested out an S4 the buttons felt cheap..
    I'll take larger quality buttons any day over smaller cheaper ones.

Tech Guru

:eek: I can see some die hard s4 owners from this site getting in a pissy fit over some of the comments, I think the denon looks nice, full of features and is solid.
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Personally I never feel that much love for the S4 coming from this site...

A lot of people got em but not loads of love.

Perhaps I'm wrong.

I'd take the denon over the S4 no doubt. I got high hopes for the Twitch though and wouldn't consider anything till that has come out and I'd tried it.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Personally I never feel that much love for the S4 coming from this site...

A lot of people got em but not loads of love.

Perhaps I'm wrong.

I'd take the denon over the S4 no doubt. I got high hopes for the Twitch though and wouldn't consider anything till that has come out and I'd tried it.
    I think the twitch would have me sold if there was proper fx sections for traktor and 4 eq/fader section. Im leaning towards the xone 4d now as ill never run out of control
    *Samsung rv 511, 8gb ram, core i5 processor* *Samsung netbook 2gb ram* *Traktor pro 2* *Traktor s4* *midi fighter spectra* *audio technica ath-m50x* *m audio trigger finger pro* *ableton* *fl studio* and a load of other random bits and pieces.... plus I like bacon yo.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast